Many family carers enter into their role due to conscience. It was always what was 'expected' of us. Rather risky for Teresa & Co to base their £132 Billion saver plan on the next few fame & glory Kardashian fueled generations I'd have thought? After all, nobody can be *forced* to be a slave....can ...
And then we see headline in the Daily Express (yes, Ok..) heralding with glee how we can all live to be 100. This is all well and good - IF you have a decent quality of life. And I'm sorry - but I must say it - my mother, at 92 is desperately unhappy. She's totally immobile, 'lives' in a chair with ...
Hey Henrietta, Date/no date - who cares - you are wise so just enjoy the attention. There may be a lovely guy - even ex carer out there - you can both look back and smile at us poor plonkers stuck here still! ;) xx Anne - I was so reminded of Chris from the Gulag's words that have *always* stuck wit...
Wise words Jenny!

Hang on to the house hun - its a hard road but remember, this is YOUR future in those bricks and mortar and as Jenny rightly says, if you downscale and have money in your mum's bank - that could be swallowed up in care. Good luck x
Hey Henrietta!

Am SO glad for you I really am!! You go for it - the cage doors are well and truly open!!

I know my path has a way to go yet but your story inspires me - one day I will be free too ...just hope I can hang on to my home!

Chuffed to bits for you! xxx
Thanks Bowlingbun! And for all your wonderful support from the onset. Life was constant hell - now its part time hell - not great. But bearable. The worst problem I have come up against in all this - if the government/SS appear to be the bad guys..don't underestimate care agencies who charge an unre...
Kate, Hope everything is going OK for you with your Dad. My mum is 92 and had severly swollen legs & ankles plus weeping legs - its oedema - they put her on tablets to make her tiddle more - more problems as she can barely get to commode herself. In the end - she kept her legs raised on her recliner...
Hi Jaqueline, Had to reply to your post - I don't often get online these days as my caring role has changed dramatically in the past few months, but am in such a similar position to you I had to respond. Jenny and Bowlingbun am sure will remember me (Jenny just seen your pm will reply promise!!) I'v...
Judith Next time sibling makes a sarky comment - offer to swop places. You'll get your life back - they can 'suffer' for a change. Caring is ANYTHING but easy - I'm in my late 50's - its ebbed my life away - been caring/companion since I was in my early 30\s to my arthritic mother. I've lived her 'p...
Jenny, Am going to carry on as I am for now - mainly because it appears mother now has a heart condition and I don't think the road will be so very long. This house and the capital is all I have to show for the 23 years of my life lost to caring. Its my own old age pot and coming up to my 60's I wan...