[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Luke, the circumstances changed for my lovely husband, as he suffered a stroke soon afterwards. Obviously was hospitalised, and was diagnosed then. I really was just trying to explain that it's difficult, not to speak up, and question why they are asking the the things they choose to. Sadly the GP s...
Luke, most dementia sufferers really don't believe they have anything wrong. It's all the others in their minds!! My experience anyway, when visiting my husband in the nursing home. As BB said you have evidence. Have a chat with your Aunt before the meeting. Try not to fret hard as it is. Wait for t...
Luke, I agree, please be present at the assessment, and don't be tempted to correct your Nan, on anything. If she says the moon is wallpapered let her say it!! I had to sit tight lipped with my husband, hard when he was looking at me to help him. Some of the things that will be asked will be from ma...
Thanks for much needed hugs! Have another concern. When I renewed home insurance I was asked the usual questions. 1 being had I made any claims in the last 5 years. Answered no, as I truly believed I hadn't. The claim for the burglary we had didn't even enter my head. That happened just as hubby was...
I've had a horrible day. The sewerage problem has returned in the garage. Couldn't believe it after thinking it was all sorted in April/May. Cried. How ridiculous is that. I really felt I needed hubby as he was pre Dementia. So, am in the process of getting it sorted. Part of the garage floor will h...
Hello It's understandable, the anxieties. I've been doing long walks with my friend and her neighbours dog. Am very comfortable with it, and having her sit in my garden, weather permitting. I've also sat in in porch, and she halfway up her stairs when I take her online shopping to her. We were both ...
Joan Just relax while you can knowing your mum is safe, and being a sweetie! As hubby's dementia became deeper, he was much more compliant. Although I was relieved, odd times I had thoughts of wishing he had a bit of spark back!! Still not an easy time for you, but now she isn't only wanting you whi...
I went through a solicitor online. He filled in the form, sent it to me, I signed, the relevant people signed, sent it back to him. It was double checked, then sent on to the office of public guardianship. Easy. It did cost me the extra, but not as much as face to face, and it was worth it to me. My...
Luke it doesn't sound horrible to me! I understand you. I loved my husband very much ( married for 51 years) and he was my rock. It was a long goodbye. Miss him very much, the man he was, pre dementia. My comfort is that he is at peace now. A man in the nursing home visiting his wife used to say he ...
Hello Ian I sadly had to go down the court of protection route for my late husband Keep receipts for eveitem you purchase. Any doubt you have regarding a purchase don't be afraid to contact guardianship office . They much prefer you do. If your mother regularly bought presents etc for family, you ca...