[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Peter This is so like my situation. My husband had something strange happen when we were in France. Well actually before we set off. We packed the car, he got in and said come on then let's go. All the doors were open, passports on the side.... He was so vigilant, would check and double check for su...
I'm sorry to hear that too sunny disposition
Fortunately I didn't have arm reaction, but had headache for 2⅔ days. I had the AstraZeneca. My friend had the Pfizer and had sore and very aching arm. Another friend had the chills.
Hope you feel more comfortable asap
I'm unable to add anything to the advice given except I had reason to call DWP recently. I phoned at 8am and the call was answered immediately, much to my surprise. So phone early. When my husband died, the bereavement dept were very helpful. Write down what questions you need to ask and if you can ...
I believe you are entitled. Don't go to the back of the queue, as could happen. I know of 2 people who have managed to jump the queue who really weren't entitled..
I was going to say you go gal,but then shouldn't assume by your name you are female!!
I bet you do Peter! Does the admiral nurse realise it's not an option. That you had no choice? It wouldn't be fair on Bridget. She is in the home now, and from what I gather is content in her own way. How confusing for her to be moved back to you now. Then how would you cope, really? You wouldn't ha...
I am sure the manager isn't implying you should forget Bridget!. Moving forward doesn't mean that someone stops caring or loving.
Peter When my husband went into the nursing home, I had an experience of sensing him walking around our bed to his side. I often went to bed before him, and he used to creep round so as not to wake me. It certainly was real to me, and quite upsetting, as I so wished it were true! Mind playing tricks...
Hi Alan What an inspiring post! I too, lost my soul mate in May 2019. I echo your thoughts in many ways. Coped with problems that he would have dealt with. He is very much missed. I had booked a 2day break with a friend, to return home on the anniversary of his passing. That sadly was postponed, bec...
Peter You must try to stop blaming yourself for Bridget's dementia. She isn't blaming you. Sounds like she is happy in her dementia world now. Do you read the posts replies others post to you? I only ask, because you don't seem to allow yourself to take comfort from them. I understand you can't comp...
Hello Sophie I feel for you. My lovely husband suffered vascular dementia and other health issues. I too felt guilt. I know I did my very best for him, but often wondered If you can look up Ambiguous Grief, you may find it helpful. I did. Don't beat yourself up if you have felt impatient. It's norma...