[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Taff My husband used to tell me he had been to Barcelona or similar. I would ask him if the weather had been good. Next day he would have been in Scotland! I didn't dampen his thoughts, as at least he was happy with his confabulations. If he had confabulations, I would say something like oh love you...
Paula, sorry to hear you are going through this. When my husband was nearing end of life( he had dementia and other issues) I googled signs of dying. It really prepared me, and was glad I took Bowlingbuns advice. Tears do flow, but they do anyway don't they.
Thinking of you
Hi taff welcome to the forum Sadly it is something to be expected. Your wife doesn't mean to hurt you, even though I know it certainly does very much! I taught myself to shake off the hurtful, sometimes venomous comments my husband made, and treasure the good times we could have together. He had vas...
Pinkle3 I'm so sad to hear that you have recently lost your husband. I too lost my lovely husband, not during lockdown, but he was in a nursing home,( died in hospital). I understand your despair. However, you are not to blame, you did your very best for your husband, and in time you will be able to...
What can the police do George?
Get them to court, for the powers that be let them off with a warning. Or send them into care, where staff have very little say in the way of rules, because of policies.
I was never supervised when visiting my husband in the nursing home. To be fair they would leave us if they wanted to do any obs saying they would come back, unless deemed necessary at that moment. Maybe contact care quality commission for advice?
Melly My Granddaughter works for a bank. She told me if you mention the word ombudsman to do with finance, it usually makes them sit up! Because, if the ombudsman do get involved, it costs the company from the very beginning. As Maine states you have done enough. They need to sort out what and if yo...
(( hugs )) Penny. Thinking of you
Peter You are far from selfish! I grieved for my pre stroke/ dementia relationship with my husband. I know relationships change over the years, but not the change you I and many others expect!! Don't beat yourself up about your feelings. You are entitled to them. Can you access the stroke society as...
Hi Delily I absolutely agree with Bowlingbun. My husband had a major stroke, after which we discovered he had several tias. Previously we were tootling along happily, hubby thinking of the next holiday we could enjoy. Our lives changed dramatically, he never came home again, sadly vascular dementia ...