Hello Susan My condolences on the loss of your husband. I really understand the heartbreak of losing a loved one slowly and cruelly. I'm experiencing this very long goodbye. In my eyes, you haven't failed your husband. Caring for him for so many years is not failing. Far from it. Please don't beat y...
I get torn too. BB and others have helped me to realise that I'm still entitled to do something for me.My hubby would want that. Today, I'm not visiting him,.the hospital are caring for him extremely well. DD 1has invited me to dinner, granddaughters will be there, and I don't see them often. I don'...
I understand its very scary and worrying. There is something called judicial separation, for someone who doesn't want to remain with a partner suffering with dementia. Legal advice is definitely needed. You both deserve and are entitled to peace, especially as the relationships have not been anywher...
Stephen I'm a mother in law. My 2 SILs do not have a problem with me, and I certainly don't have a problem with them. They adore my daughters, are good fathers to my grandchildren, are there for me if I need them. Vice versa. Their own mothers, sadly one died, in the year my husband was starting his...
I go along with whatever my husband says. He confabulates. No point arguing, as it just frustrates him and upsets me. He is very poorly in hospital, and not saying very much when awake.Wish he was confabulating! It is very lonely, watching someone with dementia decline. Lonely being a carer whatever...
Its a struggle. The hospital, as good as they are, keep changing goal posts. I day hubby can go back to to the nursing home as long as nursing staff can sort the flatus tube, then as long as they can do enemas. The home say they aren't able to cope with the flatus tube, etc. In the meantime, hubby i...
I decided ages ago to stop Christmas cards to all and sundry. Except for I person who I really want to send to. Birthday cards to very close family and ,3 friends. Christmas cards are no go for me now. Everyone understands my reason. So distant relatives and people you hardly know, just don't worry ...
Mary
Do you think your dad is capable of looking after himself? Will it be a safe discharge??
Hello My circumstances are different to yours because my lovely husband is in a nursing home because of strokes and vascular dementia. ( hospital at the moment). Its a long sad goodbye. Im explaining this, as you clearly love your husband and he you. Enjoy your partnership with him, do more nice thi...
Hubby still in hospital. Yesterday he needed rehydration via drip. Something to do with the UTI. That's clearing but slowly. Possible now that he will need food purreed, and thickened drinks. The hospital want to have a meeting with the nurses at the home, to discuss his nursing needs, to ensure the...