Well, you would have thought that I would have slept well last night! Not a bit of it. Everything rolling round my head, re the review. Sometimes it felt like it wasn't my hubby we were discussing, but a stranger in the midst. I'm truly glad my daughter's were unable to attend. No need for the three...
Henrietta, You may already know this, ( apologies if you do). You are entitled to half an hour's free consultation with a solicitor.
Had the CHC review meeting today. From 1.50 till 4.30! Very heart wrenching as I read and heard things my husband says and does that really isn't him. Just reinforces that I m losing him to this blasted dementia. However, his scoring was favourable for him to continue with CHC as his needs are even ...
Henrietta, My husband used to pay me housekeeping money every month. He used to get me the cash. I asked the COP if I could continue to have this money, but I have it now paid into my account from his. As long as it was the normal in our household they are happy with it. I explain on the COP form it...
David. I'm very sad about your problems. My daughter was born 10weeks early and it was a very worrying time. 48 years ago. I don't actually read BBs and Jenny's posts as saying your girlfriend is a bad person? Sometimes txts emails and posts read harsher than what are meant. Both of these ladies hav...
Visited hubby today. Confabulating quite alot, but I can cope with that as long as it's positive thoughts. He did snap at me, thinking I had opened the window. That was ok, I explained it wasn't me, but shut the window, put a blanket on him and gave him a kiss. On the way home, walking past the vets...
Jenny I agree. Not wanting to digress from Diane's dreadful situation, I was trying to explain, what I feel is the best thing to do for the moment, and letting her know that I understand the trauma of having such calls. They are traumatic, whatever the relationship was/is. Unplugging the phone is a ...
It's very normal to be cross and angry!! You are cross with the situation not your husband. I still get angry. Not with my lovely husband, but with the illness that has taken our relationship away. You most certainly are not selfish.
Diane When my husband had his last stroke and developed delirium, he used to phone me night after night, being abusive. Vile things he said still can haunt me. Wasn't him, it was the delirium. However I decided I must not engage with the abuse, and pulled the phone plug. Told the hospital I was doin...
Haven't had a very good night again. Flashbacks. Probably anxiety about the pending meeting. I know we all get flash backs and have to get through. I decided today that I would take the weekend off from visiting hubby. Occasionally I do. Seem to know now when I should. It's about every 5 weeks I do ...