My younger sister visited today. We've decided to go the older sisters grave after the funeral. On the day when the mourners have gone. It may seem an odd decision. However we feel it's the only /best option. Hubby would support me on my decision I know, and little sisters husband is taking us. Im m...
I remember the sheer panic in the first weeks of hubby being in the nursing home. Was going to take him home, find another home......then as he settled which in his case too a long time, and I saw his clothes coming back from the laundry, sometimes days after, not to my standard but ok, saw he was a...
Please please never apologise for what you call an outburst. I didn't think it was. You can rant at anytime on the forum. Actually you have helped me to share feelings. I do wish you could get the break you desperately need and deserve. Others will be along to advise about that.
Hi Jane. My husband is in a nursing home because of strokes and vascular dementia.. He sometimes accepts he has had strokes,( not always,) but wouldn't believe he has dementia even it I told him. None of the residents in middle stage do. It's possibly a blessing that they don't?? Not many blessings ...
Well done for preserving! Would have been easy to give up. Be proud of yourself as your mum would have been proud of you.
I don't know if it does automatically put a stop BB. I'm going to do a bit of research. Hubby didn't drive after diagnosis, he never returned home. I know I would have had a struggle to stop him if he had. Hiding keys etc. It's so so scary!
I really believe a diagnosis of dementia should automatically put a stop to driving. So, a carer will be ok to drive. Therefore they don't need a blue badge. Unless of course they have a disability to warrant one for there own needs. This may sound harsh from me, someone going through the dementia j...
This may not be much comfort, but my husband too is not eating as much. Similar with other residents who I have got to know over the nearly 2yrs he has been in the nursing home. Not being sick though, but hubby now has to have what they class as fork mashable food and thickening in fluids. Otherwise...
HW. That's it! I've let go of negative emotions. My lovely husband was part of that. I say was because sadly I'm losing him to dementia now. Those mixed emotions take up alot. My children/ grandchildren seem to value me. A guest at Grandsons 18th birthday, asked me what I did at Christmas. DD was si...
Jenny Im not sure we have actually ' forgiven'. Accepted it happened, we can't change that it did, and we haven't followed in her footsteps. Some, do. We will never understand why, but finding out more of her background has brought this sense of peace for want of a different way of explaining. Life ...