Mrs A I've emailed the manager, asking to see her tomorrow, my words, ' as I'm getting mixed messages'. The words used to me at the moment are "we are not using the hoist for his own safety." No one can or will explain what the assessment entails.I'm up against being told that he is staying in bed i...
Thanks for all your replies. Very comforting as always. I wondered myself if a UTI is brewing. Would like to think they have tested, but who knows? Will request he has a test done. Pain, well he has arthritis in his knees, and can say if they are hurting. He rubs the right knee alot, so at the momen...
Melly Thanks for your reply. I have no idea who does the manual handling training or who writes it out. But I will find out now you have put the thought to me. As you can see by the time of post, Im struggling.Have slept a little. Yes,it seems no hoist until the doctor has been on Wednesday.. I know...
Oh dear. Things not so good after being on a reasonably even keel for a while. Seems hubby has become more aggressive lately. He hates the hoist, and has lashed out with his good hand, and hurt a member of staffs ribs. So, it's been decided, for his own safety, that he remains in bed, until the doct...
I definitely don't want my children/ grandchildren worrying about me. They do though. Their behaviour tells me that. Popping in, texting me etc. They have enough pain about hubby's situation. Admittedly makes me feel cared for. Not long ago, at Grandsons 18th birthday get together, one of the neighb...
Hi Holly and welcome to the forum. I have been married for over 50 years.A happy marriage with ups and downs but happy nevertheless. Now my lovely husband is in a nursing home. However I have lots of lovely memories to look back on, especially the very early days. My thought and please forgive me, i...
I wonder if the autism society would be able to help you access the book at a cost price?
11 years ago I was someone I struggle to remember! I THOUGHT life was stressful, working and running the home etc. Not unhappy, just busy. Looking back I suppose I took alot for granted. To me, it's just as well we haven't a crystal ball. The powers that be don't need a crystal ball, do they, knowin...
The assessor being dismissed. No salary no pension and see how they cope with nothing and no help. I could say worse but won't.
Cup a soup for Sunday Lunch!! Disgraceful. Cup a soup to me is a stop gap if I am peckish a couple of hours before my evening food or if I have arrived home in cold weather and it's warming instead of a cup of tea. Is that really all they are capable of, especially as M has every kind of cooking equ...