In my husband's case, delirium and urinary tract infections were masking vascular dementia. His stroke consultant explained that after 6weeks of delirium, it should be cleared, with medication. Any longer and it's a sign of something else. , I've googled delirium v dementia. It may help you. I'm sad...
I agree with that! Those who notice us anyway, I'm actually invisible to lots in the street etc. Especially if I'm not moving fast enough for their convenience. Not all, just some. The other end of the scale, some older people can be very ignorant. My grandchildren have been known to hold a door ope...
Hello Amy What a sweet caring person you are! I met my husband at a young age and was married at 18. Its been a happy marriage through ups and downs. After 48 years he was diagnosed with vascular dementia and suffered strokes. I do understand that young love survives. However, and I say this apprehe...
I was thinking that it's not exactly appropriate for staff either!! A mix of younger and older staff at hubby's, plus male and female. I have a feeling they would have been very uncomfortable with it.
Thought I would share this. DD visited hubby today and he was so lucid! One of the residents had been weighed, and wanted to know what it was in old terms.Quick as a flash hubby said it's 9 and half stone. When staff checked, he was spot on. I had to Google yet again about vascular dementia as I had...
Hello Janette Very sad to read your post. My husband thought the hospital staff were trying to poison him, that he had been shut in a cellar with rats, all sorts. He had delerium and urinary tract infections. Both cause havoc. Have staff checked for urinary tract infection? My husband is in a nursin...
I decided on Sunday that I must try to be stronger re my visits to hubby. Cut back a couple of days per month. The occasional 2 days together of not visiting is beneficial to me. I'm going through a painful time watching him deteriorate. Emotional strength sapping which I realise is not good for hub...
You can download the Continuing Healthcare checklist and it will give you an idea of the criteria. It's not social services as BB states. An individual assessor checks, then it goes to a panel, who make the final decision. Social services do not make decisions on NHS!
Sajehar
Oh how you've been missed! I was truly hoping you hadn't given up with the forum. Wouldn't have been like you to do so.
Sorry you have been so poorly. Look after yourself now. (((( Huge hugs)))
Oh no Henrietta. How horrible. It's not the value in monetary terms. They were your family items and the fact that someone has taken them. (((Hugs))).