Gary
That's great news! Keep writing it down, it helps.
Treasure the times of success, ( I used to) then the not so good times won't feel so negative. I hope your mum managed to enjoy her time. She will at least have something to look forward to.
I've just drafted my email to the manager of the nursing home, expressing my concerns on the way the nursing staff behaved during hubby's last month in the hospital. The fact that they wouldn't give a reason as to why they couldn't/ wouldn't nurse him, and wouldn't even accept the offer of training....
Definitely agree. DD1 is an experienced teaching assistant. Has taken classes on her own very often. The times she had spent her own money to provide basics for art or projects. Had things from my garage like a load of funnels, wallpaper, a couple of boxes of yellow print paper from the office. All ...
Before my husband was diagnosed with vascular dementia and had strokes, I wondered what on earth was going on and was anxious and scared and wondered if our love for each other was diminishing. Once I knew what was wrong, my feelings changed. I knew I still loved him very much, and deep down he did ...
I've been indoors for a few days, wasting lots of time. Not all, because finances are clicking into place. Bathroom fitter called in with some samples and we have agreed on date 6th July. My energy is still very low.Grandson has been for tea. Today, I'm going out. Rain or not! Nothing particularly t...
Well done Rosemary
I well remember the bittersweet feeling. Shouldn't have to fight when needs are so obvious.
Hope you have a restful night .(((( Hugs)))
I wasn't assertive really, until my husband was diagnosed with vascular dementia. Things changed, they had too! It takes time but you get there. The kitten, sweet as they are, they are, not recommended for elderly. Kittens are live, wires and the possibility if your grandparents tripping over it is ...
It's worth pursuing! Even if you say they are expecting you and will be so disappointed if you don't go.sometimes it worked with my hubby at the nursing home if he refused to go for his hair cut, or to the entertainment that I felt he would enjoy. He would let the staff take him, saying ' oh if I mu...
Sorry about your situation. Please keep posting. I too understand about a beloved pet. My family so loved our dog, who passed many years ago, that we included his photo on my recently passed husband's funeral order of service. Hubby was the one who walked him regardless of weather. I was fairweather...
Devotion
Inner Strength
Outer Strength
Ambiguous