Hello Martin Welcome to the forum My late husband had delirium after suffering a stroke. He had been having lots of UTIs. Have you spoken with your dads stroke consultant? Or the ward Doctor? My husband's stroke consultant explained that the time to be more concerned is if no improvement is made re ...
I may be wrong, but maybe the police can access the call where talk of money as well as the dreadful call can be tracked? AJ, any thoughts?
Joining BB with a massive (( HUG)) to you. I don't think that carer should be expecting extra money, and I would think its again policy. It needs paying back. Have you had receipts for this money you have been paying? How many other people is she conning? I doubt you feel up to this but it really ne...
I have wireless too. When the weather is really cold,I take it upstairs at bedtime. If it feels cold when I wake, can put it on then. Doesnt take long at all. Beauty of the wireless thermostat. I don't have set levels but could. Don't need to. I kept the electric shower. The boiler is one of the bes...
Brian, your post sounds more positive. Dark thoughts are not uncommon. As long as they don't last. Buying your mum a card may be therapeutic . An elderly friend of mine used to put up the last Christmas card her dad sent to her every year. Gave her comfort. Yesterday I scribbled a note to my hubby. ...
I understand you love him, and its very very difficult. A relationship as in partners, is a 2 way thing. If one partner is ill, then 50/50 may not be feasible, especially with MH issues. However in my humble opinion, 100% from you and nothing from him is not going to work. Are you enabling the situa...
Thanks Susie. Its made me laugh, teary and less like Im on my own with getting old!
Good ' old' Pete, seeing the bright/ positive side of things.
Hello Ceri, welcome to the forum. Empty nest syndrome! Lots of mothers feel it. Its painful, but eventually you will realise that you have every reason to be proud of yourself, helped your children to grow, and succeed. My lovely late husband recognised it in me, many years ago, and told me the same...
Today,I made myself go out. I know that sounds crazy. Have been wasting time at home, little motivation coming my way. Was a nice morning, so I caught a bus that goes down country lanes to get to the shopping centre. Some lovely orange and red leaves on trees which were spirit lifting. Had a mooch r...
If it helps, the religious side doesn't come into the coffee mornings. Chats and cuppa and sometimes an organised trip. Its usually a church hall,not the church.