Melly
Martin Lewis has a comparison site for broadband etc. Maybe worth looking?
Melly I've been with Virgin Media for years. Phone broadband an TV. Admittedly I have extra programmes but you don't have to. The internet is more than adequate for my needs. I'm sure you can keep your BT number. Be aware that prices go up, but I usually negotiate. Will BT give you a deal for stayin...
Hello Valerie I was in a similar position until May this year. Hubby had been in a nursing home since March 2016, and in hospital and an assessment centre from November 2015. My family fortunately are very supportive. The guilt monster gets to us all. On the forum we help each other to change the wo...
Today was the day DD 2 and myself decided on sorting hubby's wardrobe. I made a start before she arrived, had a few tear drops at a couple of jumpers, and said a silent ," this doesn't mean I have stopped loving you". DD arrived, we had a cuppa and chat, then got on with it. Didn't start the remembe...
My husband's details re hmrc were opened once at the nursing home. No one would tell me who had done it. They could see his details, pension details etc. The manager said it shouldn't have happened, as I had court of protection. It was made clear that any post, with the exception of NHS ( and even t...
Fluffy
What a very inspiring post!! Well done, stick to your plan, and please enjoy the time now with your husband and daughter. Brave lady.
Stephen
I do sympathise. I remember the 1st time I saw my husband's shoulder blades when the hospital gown slipped. The shock, and I covered them up, for the gown to keep slipping.
As Melly says, it's probably muscle wastage. Very hard, but try not to despair.
Hannah
My message was for Mizzcheef too and I apologise for answering on your thread.
I really feel for you, it's a most heartbreaking situation you are suffering.
Gloria ((((Hug ))) From your post, am I correct in thinking your loved one is now in a home? If so, you will find yourself in a place where you oversee care. Explaining likes dislikes, checking toiletries, clothing etc. My husband was in a nursing home for over 3¾ years. Took a while but I started t...
Mizzcheef My circumstances are very different to yours. Recently lost my lovely husband. Dementia, strokes low potassium and severe bowel problems. I haven't felt the need for antidepressants, but many relatives of residents in the nursing home my hubby was in really were helped very much with antid...