Hi Stephen I don't understand what you mean either. Hopefully the confusion if it is that will be sorted, and you will remain with the forum. You have probably helped many others who may not answer, but don't feel so isolated. We are not obliged to read every single post, and sometimes if I am short...
I do too. Try to dress well most days. May have a joggers and older top if definitely staying in, and make up free. Otherwise it's my favourite signature perfume clothes that blend together, bit of makeup and hair kempt. Nothing glamorous, but I feel better. I heard a nasty remark on the bus, a few ...
Hi Nicola
Very sad to read your post
Do you know if your area have Admiral Nurses? I spoke with one a few times when my husband was diagnosed with vascular dementia. Helped considerably. Otherwise the Alzheimer's association may be able to guide you in the right direction.
Hi Tracy My husband absolutely hates the personal needs care. The staff find it helpful if they tell him exactly what they need to do, give him a reason, such as P... ( me) etc like to see you looking smart and handsome. They also chat to him before hand, about his career, family, what's on t v , an...
I maybe incorrect, but as the wording, grants available means its a business?
Me too. I have court of Protection for my husband. The yearly details I have to send include how many times he gets visitors. Never been asked to have proof to date, but how would I prove the visits if no signing in and out book. When at work, people have to clock/ sign or whatever, in and out, not ...
Hello Alice and welcome to the forum. My circumstances are different to yours as my lovely husband is in a nursing home because of strokes and vascular dementia. Others will be along to support you. Maybe tell us a little about your 3 carees and yourself. The forum is a good place to vent, and is no...
Hi Battling against it Welcome I can only relate to your situation in a way.My lovely husband is in a nursing home because of strokes and vascular dementia. He is no longer the man I fell in love with 51+ years ago. Both the strokes and the dementia are taking him from me slowly. Feel I am failing h...
Sorry Ajay, can't be any help
Thankyou both. I have sent PMs in the past. No problems. Was just flagging it to the person I sent it to.
Useful information for newbies, though, perhaps?