[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I returned to work 2 days after my mother's funeral. I phoned to say would be back, and my manager said do half a shift and we how you feel. Colleagues asked why return so soon, but I felt it would be harder, the longer I left it.' Normal' family and working life needed to happen for all our sakes. ...
BB
Thanks for highlighting it all. Its all very scary. More and more people are going to need help, because they will be I'll with caring with no breaks, no money for even basics.
I'm concerned that this person didn't see fit to introduce herself. No one with any manners would be at someone's sick bed and not to do so. I take it you have never met this woman before?
I'm one of the very few people who find ironing therapeutic! My friends think am odd. Used to love ironing hubby's shirts. Didn't like it so much if it piled up though so ironed each time the washing was dry. Yes, I iron bedding, and tea towels. Have to have a decent iron, with plenty of steam.
Faye You are not complaining. A daughter who obviously loves her dad very much. He has a right to be treated with respect, be as comfortable as possible, and you have the right to know that he is. Bowlingbun has often suggested to Google signs of dying. So I did, eventually. Obviously not easy readi...
It's disgusting, simply because on occasions a reason could be genuine. Then genuine people get tarred with the same brush! Buses, trains, hold ups with traffic can be investigated, but flat tyres, and suchlike probably can't be. They should let their managers know, surely,? Somehow lateness needs m...
Hello Jason As my husband's dementia declined he was always rubbing at things, whether it be the anti slip item on his table, or handkerchief, and such like. I used to put a soft flannel for him to fiddle with. He loved his television too. This was in the nursing home. I wonder if you have your dad ...
DBS, ( disclosure and barring service).
I was a residential child care officer for 19 years. For teenagers from different situations. I know at 16/17 they were found accommodation, and really didn't know how to cope. Some made good lives for themselves, and others, well were begging and led not such pleasant lives. Am a softie anyway, but...
Martin Sadly my husband passed away a few weeks after the last assessment. He was in hospital and the nursing home refused to take him back because they would no longer manage his needs!! Broke my heart, as he had been with them for 3¾ years You probably won't be surprised how much of a fight many f...