My lovely husband was in a nursing home because of strokes and vascular dementia. His consultant strongly advised me the nursing home was in his best interests as well as mine. I too hate dementia, we all do, but hubby didn't know he had it. Confabulated loads of times and usually was happy confabul...
I've asked that question a few times when fighting for my now late husband, ( thankfully managed with lots of research) A social worker told me it depended on the allocated social worker, as they would want CHC granted to save social services paying? Probably wouldn't have as much detail or even pas...
I've been having a few over anxious moments. ie, yesterday my tablet decided to update without me clicking to have it? Knocked my email out of sync. I was checking on a savings a/c with card reader, and locked myself out grr. 2 grandsons were here which is lovely, but they were niggling about food w...
Sorry to hear your husband is back in hospital Jess. I used to find it draining when my now late hubby was hospitalised, numerous times. The journey, the anxiety, left me very lacking in motivation. I'm now feeling brain fogged, as the formalities of his death are nearly over. Anxiety kicks in at th...
I sent the email. No reply. The manager is at work, because my friend, who's dad is in the nursing home has seen her. So I contacted QCQ, for verification on the difference between care home and nursing home. Replied within 2days. What a difference. I will let them know what happened in more detail,...
Emma It's not your JOB to look after him! Marriage and partnerships are about caring for each other. Talking is important, and he obviously doesn't talk to you but demands, and demeans you. I know he is ill but so will you be if you stay with him. Even when my recently late hubby was diagnosed with ...
Well done again Rosemary. It's damned hardwork emotionally. Being one step ahead is so draining.
Hello Bella Blue My circumstances are different to yours, but at one point I wrote to my late husband's Doctor, listing my concerns. He did take note, a fortunately hubby allowed me to go to an appointment with him. At least write to the Dr, and keep a copy of the letter. Your concerns can't be igno...
Gary Glad to be a help. My 1st thread is ' new to dementia journey' Started March 2016. Far too much for you to read now! Lots of followers though.2nd thread is ' end of dementia journey, new to?' The forum allowed me to vent,tell the ongoing ups and downs the torment etc. I hope you will keep telli...
Gary Worries of dad being ok will be difficult to stop, ( if I'm anything to go by!) But then we worry in life if all our loved ones will be ok when changing routine etc, don't we. Guilt will ease with encouragement, and practice. Sorry to use myself as example. The 1st time I even had a day meeting...