<t>My spouse couldn't eat for 5 months and was tube fed to stay alive after the CVA. I felt guilty eating during that time and lost weight. Tend to not eat much during the day- esp when with my spouse. Then in evenings when more relaxed I eat bread, toast, muffins- all the not good foods. Somehow ha...
<t>Hello there, how are you doing? I am a guilt poster so your post popped out at me! I google self help sites on how to reduce guilt but its a beast that rears its nagging head in my ear everyday. When i am with my disabled spouse i feel bad that i am not there for my daughter and when i am with my...
<t>Hi there..how do others deal with their own health probs? Has anyone else developed tennis elbow (like me) and successfully cured it?? It has happened from all the heavier tasks i have to do now. Am getting physio but its really frustrating. Its not like you can see anything and it seems pathetic...
Yes it does! thankgoodness for this...
There's only so much you want to "burden" friends and family with thats for sure. And just when you really feel you could do with a call or a txt, no-one calls! Everyone else has their own troubles.
<t>hello there...to have people to talk to is just so incredibly comforting..thankyou as always. We have a carers site here in NZ but no forum- which i feel is the most important thing. <br/> "We" have been discharged from Speech therapy- it was felt no more could be done due to the severe dysarthri...
<t>Hello everyone..just wondered how others cope with the person they care for having little or no speech. My spouse has become a tetraplegic (from a CVA) which is terrible enough but the hardest thing is the inability to speak. A few words are just intelligible but mostly it is very hard for him to...
<t>Thanks everyone..yes its the positioning that is the scary thing. He is double my weight and has no control from the neck down so usually 2 staff have to move him. Fingers crossed he will be ok. <br/> More than a few times he has got his power chair stuck in places- and i have had to flag down ra...
Hello everyone... Just wanting to share with my carer "family". About once a month I bring my husband home for a visit. I am always anxious as he is home alone with me and no staff to ring the bell if extra help needed. So far everything has been ok as i follow him around and am vigilant- ie- he has...
Gold - If you ever need any help .............. Silver - I don't know how you cope ............ Bronze - I couldn't do what you do ............ These are spot on. I would add to the 3rd, "Your so good, I couldn't do what you do " Melly1 Ditto to these! I would like to upgrade the bronze to gold ple...
<t>Hi there..thankyou for the replies.<br/> Am not sure if we have young carers groups over here but will check.<br/> She doesn't want to see the school counsellor- she finds school is like an escape from the worries of home life, which i understand. The school knows about her situation and she know...