[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks, bowlingbun and Melly. I'll try the helpline, as you suggest. Bowlingbun, what is the book and how can I get hold of a copy?
Thank you, Melly, Bowlingbun and Jennifer. The lack of capacity appears to be specific to his inability to accept his condition and make a decision regarding his treatment; there has been no suggestion that he is generally lacking in capacity. The physio told me over the phone about their decision t...
It's been a few weeks since I posted and what a roller coaster it's been! After 8 weeks in hospital (including another 2 urine infections) my husband was transferred to a rehab bed (yes, he finally agreed to it!) in a local(ish) community hospital. At first he seemed to be OK with it - the food was ...
Yes, he has a mobile. We took him one of those easy to use, large button phones for the elderly and he still has problems using it. He's always telling me he can't hear me and I end up having to shout. He talks over me and hangs up when I say anything he doesn't like. I have told the nursing staff a...
Sorry, I've confused you! We already have the 2 shallow steps which he WAS able to negotiate with his frame; the OT was revisiting the idea of a ramp. But yes, he's still a long way from any kind of mobility. I wish I knew how to make him see sense and be reasonable about going to rehab. I dread his...
Well, the OT came this morning, as arranged, and at least she didn't suggest moving any walls. She said there was still the possibility of building a ramp to the door to the dining room (the room which is now my husband's bedroom). This was suggested previously but it was going to cost too much and ...
Yes, I'll do that. I have type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnoea, arthritis and back pain (which my doctor reckons was caused by my attempts to move/lift my husband over the first years of his disability).
Bowlingbun, I'm not stressing about the OT visit, because what she's suggesting would be out of the question for several reasons: I'm pretty certain the housing association wouldn't agree; there would inevitably be a financial assessment and we would be expected to contribute significantly to the co...
Ayjay, you're so right! They have a set idea of what can "help", but they don't think through all the practicalities. Quite apart from the additional length of time it would take you to hoist your wife, they should consider the effect it would have on her (I'm guessing it's not exactly comfortable f...
Thank you, Melly, Bowlingbun and Pet. It's a great relief o be able to come on here and vent! I don't think this particular OT has seen my husband - she's from "Care and Repair", part of the local council. I think she's in cloud cuckoo land, if she thinks we're going to be able to move walls. For a ...