[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I thought that myself today - I'm caring for mum at the end of her life, and have had to give up work (currently on a year's unpaid sabbatical). I get carer's allowance but am baffled by how that is supposed to be enough to pay for my own home's maintenance while I look after mum 24 hours a day, let...
So sorry Paul, I've only just read that your mum passed away. Thinking of you x
I had this problem when mum was delirious, she was desperately insecure and watched me like a hawk for any sign of sadness or irritability, and it would send her into a flat spin of upset if I didn't have a big smile and cheery attitude. I couldn't give my attention to anything else but her, she wou...
I'm sure almost all of us who care full time for a very sick person feel that way, at least some of the time, and the guilt goes with the territory. I set out to make mum's last years the best they could be, never really thinking I'd end up caring for her full time. I still intend to make what time ...
My mum is 88 and has a very small appetite, but she does really enjoy her food. She just can't manage much in one go - I'm the opposite, so it was a bit alarming at first but I've realised she's pretty stable weight-wise on small meals like soup and bread. I get her the toddler meals from a well kno...
I think the pandemic has resulted in a lot more people needing care in their own homes... my mum for one. She's mostly recovered cognitively - a miracle in itself - but not physically. I got fed up with carers turning up more than an hour after, or sometimes before, the time given, not cleaning mum'...
Hi Jools, lots of sympathy and love for you. Talking of brothers, mine does nothing, announced a royal visit for the day after my birthday, turned up, had a cup of tea with mum (made by me of course) no birthday present for me, not even a happy birthday for yesterday, and left before an hour was up....
Hi jean_1603 and NellieJ I do feel for you. Just a thought regarding the shouting. My mum was very deaf but accused me of mumbling, or said plaintively "I must be going deaf" while refusing to wear her hearing aid. Then I met someone at a talk on caring who had hearing difficulties. He explained th...
I have it comparatively easy but still want to vent sometimes. It's the not having my own life anymore, the being able to nip to my house around the corner for an hour but always feeling the pull back to the helpless person I care for, so unable to really enjoy the tiny, teasing bit of false freedom...
I agree with Thomas, those prices are high - one is identical to the one we bought for mum last year, which cost us about £600, their price is £999. Additionally, it's not really the scooter body that you need to consider, it's the battery, and although they offer 6 months' warranty I would still be...