[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Anything is possible. Do your research as some have suggested, but in the end it comes down to whether you think that the always wondering 'what if?' if you don't go for it would be worse than any regrets you may have if you do go for it. To me personally I always look at it this way if unsure wheth...
<t>You should all come to Shetland for a bit. I think we had our hottest day of the year on Monday - The car said it was 18 degC and our forecast high for tommorrow is 14degC. I have to say I don't much like hot and humid so you have my sympathies, but I wouldn't mind a little bit more sunshine this...
<t>Hi.<br/> <br/> Am I right in asuming that your home is a council property? (If not, please ignore the rest of this message). Also have you contacted the council yourself to ask about adaptations or have you had an assessment through social services? If you haven't had an assessment this would be ...
Thanks for all the welcomes and encouragements Image
<t>Hi and welcome.<br/> <br/> Personally I'd make sure you think very carefully about such decisions that may be relatively easy to do, but very difficult to reverse. I understand you wanting to give the help that your parents need but you have to consider your own and your husband's needs too. If y...
<t>I'm no expert myself as I don't have much contact with adult care services etc, so others may have other suggestions. But I would suggest that you contact both the local carers group (as they will have more information on what is available in your area) and adult care services and perhaps the chi...
<t>Hi. I started caring in my twenties too, but in my case it was for my husband and then so my case is different because they were my life. However I did feel so different to other people of the same age and with young families so I can understand the feelings of isolation.<br/> <br/> You speak of ...
Thanks bowlingbun. It does feel good to be moving in the right direction.

It's good to know, g.herschel, that it's never too late to claim.
Hi and thanks to all of you who welcomed me. Have just managed to find the time to reply (would have done so last night but the logging in problem stopped me). Debra – Our situations do sound quite similar. Before I found this forum I thought that I couldn’t be the only one who had both a husband an...
<t>Hi. I'm 39 and live in Shetland. I've been a carer for my husband for most of my married life (married 20 years and a carer for around 18 years), although the level of care needed has varied. My husband has arthrits (reactive and osteoarthritis), prolapsed disc, chronic fatique and chronic pain s...