[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi my mum has Alzheimer's and hates getting her hair washed in the shower. Because she can't put her head back the water goes all over her face and into her ears. Does anyone know of a Shower visor or protection to protect the water going over her face. It would make a big difference for her
I read on the alzimers web site it is easier to shower every day rather than two time a week.
Finally got the shower chair in, the grab bar has yet to be installed. The next day after the shower chair was installed I got mum into the shower. She had her hair washed after 4 months and a good wash. The most difficult thing was getting her clothes off and back on again, as she is so frail, I th...
Thank you Elaine for all your help, it's great to speak to someone who understands. My mum is very unsteady, and has fallen numerous times, she has a simmer to help her, but won't use it. She literally cannot do anything for herself, I administer all of her medication, and make her meals. She is ver...
But if she is refusing my help, or anyone's help what am I supposed to do.
Hi Christina, yes my mum has been living with me and my husband, now for 2 years. We have had an assessment from Social Services and her doctor. Her Doctor said, unless she agrees for Carers to come in to help, they cannot come, in other words, if does not want cares there is nothing they can do. Sh...
I made an appointment to visit my mums doctor, as I didn't know what else to do. I explained everything to her regarding her refusal to get washed. She came out to the house and did a medical assessment, and gradually brought the subject up about her personal care. The doctor said she definitely has...
Thank you so much for your reply Jenny, its great talking to somebody who understands. Unfortunately dementia has now set in and I've been told she also has COPD. I have a baby monitor now as she has fallen in her bedroom, and I'm scared she will fall again and I won't hear her. I do have Power of A...
Hi Penny, I was reading your post on dementia. My mum has been living with me and my husband for the past 2 years now. We have to bring her home after she fell in her own flat, and we then asked her to stay with us. We knew she was unable to look after herself and she was also losing weight. She now...
Hi, just joined this forum as I would like to share my experiences with other carers. My mum has been with me and my husband for 2 years now. She came to live with us as a result of a fall in her flat, where she spent 8 hours on the floor, before contacting me. I always promised she wouldn't go into...