Thank for your reply. I certainly think that because the work isn’t regular, it’s going to cause a problem so will have to consider whether it’s worth the hassle!
Hi, I am looking for some advice about self employment from other members. I claim carers allowance and in October last year I did some self employed work teaching a course over 8 weeks earning £30 per week £240 in total, but spent £80-90 on expenses. I know my earnings are below the threshold. I co...
Thank you Scally for all you information.

I have really found it very helpful, I have struggled to find any information about expenses and has certainly helped me look into claiming CA :)
Thank you for your reply. It doesn't say in my contract that I need a car, but I am expected as part of my job to visit families in their homes and work in different venues (I'm not self employed).. I wasnt sure they would allow the full cost of a car as I only work part time and perhaps that I woul...
Hello my name is Julie and I'm new to the forum. I am a carer to my adult son who has an Autistic spectrum condition and a mild learning disability. I have recently reduced my work hours to 15hrs a week due to my own health. I haven't claimed allowance for a few years and I am now considering applyi...