[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for the excellent advice ,JENNY . I shall seek further info from the home about how mum is after our visits especially the times she has been very agitated. Also about often she gets unsettled about wanting to go home day to day . The idea of getting a call to say mum has died when we have no...
Thank you for your replies - they are very reassuring .I would appreciate advice re -visiting my mum. Do you think it better to restrict our visits while she seems to get so unsettled by them when day to day she only has little outbursts. Should we leave her , for a while without visiting ,to establ...
Thank you for your reply JENNY . It certainly strikes a chord! Mum seems to be ok when we're not visiting. She is reluctant to bathe /wash but does under sufferance and the carers do really like her . She has her moments when she voices that she wants to go home but can be deflected from that. She s...
Mum has been in the care home since April and the carers are lovely and very caring . However my guilt feelings are making me really unsettled . She thinks she is well enough to be at her own home even though she can't manage to look after herself properly . When we visit she blames me for her being...
Thank you for all your responses! Mum's stay in hospital led to a Best Interests meeting with a social worker and medical staff. It was decided mum needed 24 hour care and she was offered initial care in an 'assessment home' for 6 weeks . I didn't want her to be unsettled by too much moving about. I...
Mum had a fall last Tuesday and is now in hospital . The paramedics found her BP was sky high caused in all likelihood partly by the fall and a urinary tract infection . She was reluctant to go into A and E but eventually agreed . She is now in an assessment ward . However she is not happy and keeps...
Thanks for that bowlingbun and yes I was quite surprised at the consideration shown to me at mum's appointment with the GP. Mum didn't even notice his concern about my wellbeing . I intend to have a look at local care homes and one in particular to which my mother in law's next door neighbour has go...
Thanks Anne - your thoughts are pretty much the conclusion I have reached. It is very helpful to receive your view on a situation similar to your experience. Mum will not even consider respite care. It is deeply ingrained . Any mention of care in a home provokes the same reaction even if it means so...
Thanks bowlingbun - the problem was she had set the alarm off accidentally so it was another false alarm. I would have called an ambulance had she been hurt.
THANK YOU all for taking so much time and trouble to post your thoughts.It is very kind and much appreciated -a trouble shared..... is the saying that comes to mind. Though not a trouble halved when I was called out at 9-30pm last night to find mum had not had a fall and was totally oblivious of hav...