[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hiya. Totally agree. Isn't it awful how they seem to care more about the H&S of paid carers rather than us unpaid lot. Shocking.<br/> <br/> Yep, I'm like the constant chaser (plays virtual Benny Hill music! lol) ... totally can't assume anyone will do their job, have to be on their case. It's...
We haven't tried it on a bus however we have had problems pushing manual wheelchair with a powerpack up a ramp of any description so I'd not really want to chance it. That is of course presuming there's enough space on the bus for a wheelchair ... normally full of buggies for small children. (Whatev...
Totally agree. We're still struggling with the chair. My back is killing me dealing with it ... I'm having to use one of those heat paddy things at the mo.
Couldn't agree more. It seems to be the case that you either end up having to fight and fight for equipment that is needed e.g. a suitable wheelchair or you have to shell out for it.
<t>The sad thing is I think we are. We saw someone from the wheelchair service who said how 'lucky' we are as it wasn't so long ago disabled people were in institutions ... Ah, you almost had to hold me back! lol.<br/> <br/> I think we may have to try and get a second hand WAV not on motability and ...
<t>Hi. Because he's visually impaired and they only have a limited selection in terms of types of chairs available the health folks are only providing manual chairs with powerpacks provided by SS unless person is seen as a 'special case'. It'd cost them double if they were to provide an electric whe...
<t>Hi, Just a quick question. If you get an electric wheelchair with the mobility component of DLA does social services have to ability to provide you with transport. I have been given to understand that if you have a wheelchair accessible vehicle using the mobility component of DLA then social serv...
The problem I've discovered is that whilst the powerpack powers you still have to steer ... and that in itself it a pain. Electric wheelchairs take the effort out of steering as well with the control.
<t>Hiya. Thanks all. It seems like a total mission to get OT / social services to provide anything that actually meets carees needs. We are fast becoming a warehouse for useless equipment. Yet, anything caree actually needs ... they can't provide. We are making slight progress at the moment ... but ...
Hiya. I too totally empathised with your post. I'm 30 something (so a tad older) and caring for a sibling. I so want to get a job again and see friends too (and even date again ... at the mo the male population are safe! http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_wink.gif hehe) but just have no back up rea...