[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I agree, a neighbour and I said similar, that the government should arrange support for people. Not everyone has family or neighbours who are in a position to help them shop.Say if people have kids and are looking after elderly parents etc they wont be able to then do loads of shopping/ favours for ...
Hi, I've just been to the Iceland elderly morning with my Mum as she wanted a few bits and it was heaving. there was about 30 odd people in each queue and you struggled to look round because it was ram packed. Worse than xmas eve. No pushing and shoving though.I nearly had a panic attack as I don't ...
Thanks.
Hi all, Can anyone advise me please? My Mum is 87 and had a hip replacement last year and needs to walk about so that she doesn't get cellulitis etc. When she has to stay in for 3 months will she be able to go for a walk up and down the street etc? She cant just sit in a chair all day and wont do ex...
I think you could consider getting your Mum a visitor from a church or an elderly project etc. My Grandma had one and they do this at a good neighbours scheme near us. Its for people who don't go out and need some support etc.I'd look at this as a first step and tell Mum you cant do everything. I'd ...
Aldi do some really nice ready meals and are very reasonable. The ones my Mum has range for around £2.00- £4.00.They are not delivered to your door but worth it I think. Obviously you can freeze them but they come chilled.Shes had- lasagne, cottage pie, chicken stew and dumplings, a chicken dinner e...
I'd ask the hospital patient liaison service and your bank in Canada. Surely they will be able to advise you better than us on a U.K forum?
I'd either play for time till your 60, by cancelling meetings, rearranging, saying your ill etc, need more information or I'd be pushing to have your Mum home with carers support.
Last thing you want is to end up having to sell the house and becoming homeless.
Hi All,I bought my Mum a foot spa from Argos for Christmas and she has just used it with some bath/foot soak salts. She really likes it and said the her feet feel a lot better. Thanks for recommending this Bowling bun.
Hi Ashley, What I would do is ask at your Council one stop shop about the council tax. Where I live carers are disregarded for council tax purposes. So they don't have to pay anything. I don't know if all councils operate the same, so you are best asking them. Also regarding homes and inheritance ta...