I think you need to put yourself first and tell him to leave, you need to think about yourself and your own quality of life. My Dad was an alcoholic and I know how embarrassing and bad things can get. Have you tried Al Anon for yourself, they are a support group for people who are living with alcoho...
Thanks, I'll just not speak to them again, for all we know he might be coming to the end of his life and his brain be deteriorating etc.
Update, I just saw his daughter coming in and I asked to have a word about her Dad, she wasn't interested and said I'm busy and hes poorly. I said I thought he was because he was going mad saying right weird things. She then said something about taking her sister? to the hospital and went in the hou...
Ring up the G.P and ask for your mother to be referred to the continence nurse.Hopefully they will have some suggestions?
Sounds like a mistake to me, I'd ring them again and ask to speak to the manager.
Can you have a word with the Dr, you can get tablets which reduce a persons need to wee in the night. Also I'd be getting a plastic sheet on the mattress and lino down on the floor. Also when your out can you get someone to sit with your Mum and remind her that she needs new pants on etc?. That's ve...
I don't know if hes been diagnosed with dementia formally, but hes having some type of mental decline. The other year he nearly got kicked off a plane in Spain after becoming agitated when it was delayed on the runway for a couple of hours. These things happen obviously but he went ballistic. Thanks...
Thanks,If I see his daughter I will have a quiet word, shes a reasonable person.
Hi, I'm a full time carer for my Mum and I do all the gardening and diy etc as well. We have a front and back garden and spare land at the back which belongs to the railway which gets very overgrown with weeds and brambles etc. Two days ago I was clearing the bottom of the garden from weeds and then...
Thank you everyone who replied,my Mum had another course of antibiotics and has started going on a walk around the estate most days. The cellulitis has gone thank goodness and I think its a combination of both.