[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi everyone, not been on the forum for a while, as I am sure that you can all appreciate, I've been too busy with just getting on with things, however, after several meetings with my daughter's social worker etc, he has eventually agreed to present her case to the panel that make the decision on whe...
You can apply for guardianship, there are 2 elements, financial and welfare, you can apply for both or individually. This means that you must be consulted / involved in any decisions that they intend to make for the person. If nobody has guardianship, I think that this is when the local authority ta...
She has a needs assessment, I have never had a carer's assessment done.
It's not my mum, it's my daughter that I care for, she is 21.
I'm going to try to get into my local carer's center and what the rules are, because I am getting nowhere, the only result from any meeting I have is to have another meeting!! Next one in 8 weeks, I told them yesterday that I was really struggling, totally exhausted and stressed out, needed a break....
Thanks, I have emailed my local carers center, so hopefully will get a reply for them. I don't see how it can be, as not all carers are caring for someone that doesn't have capacity, but they surely must be entitled to a break? I've never taken a carers break before, or had a carers assessment done,...
Anyone? Or let me phrase the question another way, have any of you had a carer's assessment done, been entitled to respite and you do not have Guardianship over the person that you care for?
I'm sorry then, I don't have any answers for you, there must be something that can be done though, I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable than myself will be able to offer advice.
I've just googled the severe disability premium as I never knew anything about it, and yes that's right, you cannot claim it if someone claims carers allowance for caring for you. Yet another example of people needing the highest amount of care being penalized in my opinion! Who makes this stuff up,...
I am not expert, but I do not see how you getting carer's allowance has any effect whatsoever on your son's entitlement to benefits, as it is for you not him. I am really sorry that they removed him from the family home, the reason sounds ridiculous though, if "a lack of deference to social services...