Thanks Chris for this, most helpful.
Can someone give me a link on the guide for carers, etc to lift a patient in and out of a wheelchair etc or not as there is a law now that they cannot lift the patient.
Many thanks.
I applied for one when my Mum came out of hospital late 2017. I was not sure what it would do to help me as her full time carer and was very disappointed with the result. The council officer came in January 2018, took out her clipboard and her first question was "were Mums assets over or under the l...
I am an only child so make all decisions. Mum sold her house when she moved in with us and if she needs anything then I get it for her. As with Parkinson's she is doing quite well today, its on the days that she is not doing well when I cannot cope but as I have said earlier, there are many on this ...
Mum goes to daycare once a week, she has a bath, hair done and lunch, has made friends and is looked after really well. She also goes for several weeks respite there as well which is handy for us during our busy periods and also so husband and I can get away for weekend breaks. She is self funding. ...
Thank you ladies. Mum is 87 years old, she lives with us full time and I have POA. Although a bit caustic at times she was a loving mum and still is. She always thanks me when I put her to bed for what I have done for her which makes me sound ungrateful. it is just that I get very tired and sometime...
Hello, I have been carer for my mother since 2012 when she had a couple of TIA's. Since then she has been diagnosed with Parkinson's, ostio arthritus and the start of dementia. She was diagnosed when in hospital after a fall and I would not recognise it as she was not showing many symptoms but now I...
I am half way through "What matters in Jane Austen?" by John Mullan, a must for any Jane Austen addict, and "In the shadow of Agatha Christie" by Leslie S. Klinger, classic crime fiction by forgotten female writers 1850 - 1917. Then I have two piles of books waiting to be read, when I have the time!...
Hello Sally, Also living on the Island I also had the same problem as yourself, trying to find a nursing home which also provided respite care. Last December my husband and I had booked to go away for a short Break, as I am also full time carer for my 86 yr old Mum, I tried 5 different homes, First ...
Thank you all for your replies. It would seem that she has had an electric shock and things are working again!! Touching wood that this goes on for a long time but I tend to live from day to day as parkinsons seems to be different every day!