[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you all for your advice, I will not mention it again to her unless she says something about it. BB - Mum gets Attendance Allowance, I have not yet thought about the council tax issue so will pursue that. The council came to do a carers assessment for me, but once they found that she was a self...
I am full time carer for my elderly mother who has vascular dementia, advanced parkinsons and other age related illnesses. At the beginning of this week my aunt, Mother's very dear friend and sister-in-law of 65 years passed away after multiple heart attacks. Having got over the shock, I then had to...
My late father set up the Enduring POA before he died in 2005 so it was before the time that the law was changed and one had to have a Lasting POA as well. I have not done anything up to now as I did not need to but now all the authorities are becoming very strong on everyone having a Lasting POA so...
Good Morning, I would suggest that you start to organise a Lasting POA which covers health and wellbeing as soon as you can. I have had to get one organised and this will take about 8 weeks. I had to as the receptionist at our GP would not accept me speaking for my mother for whom I am a full time c...
Thanks Chris for this, most helpful.
Can someone give me a link on the guide for carers, etc to lift a patient in and out of a wheelchair etc or not as there is a law now that they cannot lift the patient.
Many thanks.
I applied for one when my Mum came out of hospital late 2017. I was not sure what it would do to help me as her full time carer and was very disappointed with the result. The council officer came in January 2018, took out her clipboard and her first question was "were Mums assets over or under the l...
I am an only child so make all decisions. Mum sold her house when she moved in with us and if she needs anything then I get it for her. As with Parkinson's she is doing quite well today, its on the days that she is not doing well when I cannot cope but as I have said earlier, there are many on this ...
Mum goes to daycare once a week, she has a bath, hair done and lunch, has made friends and is looked after really well. She also goes for several weeks respite there as well which is handy for us during our busy periods and also so husband and I can get away for weekend breaks. She is self funding. ...
Thank you ladies. Mum is 87 years old, she lives with us full time and I have POA. Although a bit caustic at times she was a loving mum and still is. She always thanks me when I put her to bed for what I have done for her which makes me sound ungrateful. it is just that I get very tired and sometime...