[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi everyone, I'm new to this. I'm relatively new to all of this seeking help generally. I have probably had some kind of caring duties since I was 16, I'm now 25 y/o. I'm supporting a parent with their long term mental health, mainly in the form of emotional support and presence (being home and avai...
Hi All. I am the primary carer for my 84 year old mother. Since losing dad 3 years ago mom has pretty much given up. She became so frail that last year she has a fall which resulted in a 6 week hospital stay. On release mom was to be rehabilitated to use a zimmer frame , improve her diet and become...
Hello Isabelle3006, and welcome! It took me about 30 years to realise I was a carer. Up until then I'd seen myself as a brother, then when my son was born, as a father. It took a while to wake up to the fact that on top of that I was a carer. It wasn't so much guilt in my case as realisation that m...
Hi, 25 year old here, caring for a parent with mental ill health, probably for varying degrees since I was a teenager. I've spent the evening reading through these useful forums. I've never really properly identified with being a "carer" mainly because I do get to do good things in my life despite s...