[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
We have progress... The nurse told me that Hubby was awake enough to have a serious talk with the consultant and he would be coming to speak to us both. We formally asked for end of life care and it has been agreed. Incidentally, I truly appreciate EVERY response I have received on this forum. I hav...
My Dad took the decision that he no longer wanted to be treated, or fed. The hospital respected that decision and so did we. One of the more difficult decisions I've had to make. I think you need to speak to the consultant again and make it clear what happened with the nurses: it's important to fin...
Help again if you can please. Hubby is nearing the end. He has become a shell of a man, has had enough and is seriously requesting to be allowed to die. The Consultant a really nice guy, rang me yesterday and said that at hubby's age, 80, with his comorbidities, realistically there is no way back an...
Well..... the meeting was scheduled to happen on the ward. No one turned up. I waited an hour and a half, then I spoke to the ward clerk, who called the consultant, who said "Um....." She went to find out and never returned. Sigh. Keep calm and carry on. Left hand, right hand and parties in brewerie...
Thank you all for your replies. I am taking your advice fully on board. I already know they have pre-primed him to come home, so I'll have to be assertive. I'll ask to speak to them privately. It's the old story, no-one knows what goes on behind closed doors. I shall re-read everything here, take no...
My husband, 80, frail and disabled, got sepsis almost a month ago. We have had a rollercoaster of ups and downs. We are due a hospital assessment tomorrow, with a view to him being discharged. In the last month, he has become unable to walk, lost a lot of weight and is incontinent with no bowel cont...