[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Anthony,
I think I have sent you a private message, if I have done it correctly.
Thanks Rob.
Sadly, my husband died as a result of a steadfast determination to ignore the fact he was ill! You have to stand up for yourself, telling him how it is for you. You were not tied to him when he was working, you need to do some things that make you happy. He needs you to be well, mentally and physic...
Joan I will have to say this it does sound from what you are saying is like a one sided relationship. He was somewhat affronted when I suggested it. surely, your husband would want to support you in anyway he can. Loads of people have cleaners home helps for varying reasons. Would your husband atte...
Bowlingbun, yes by not accepting it, I think it has had a greater effect on me. He doesn’t want to admit to any weakness. He wants to think of himself as being just as capable as he was. A bit of a head in the sand attitude. I do have more work because of it and have considered getting paid help. He...
Bowlingbun, thanks for your reply. Deciding what I do often means doing it on my own. Sometimes that feels mean because he’s left on his own. It’s an emotional rollercoaster because we can plan something and then he’s not well enough to participate. We sort of limp along. I can’t quite give up the i...
Thanks for replying, sunnydisposition. My husband’s condition definitely affects me as well as him, even though at one point he thought it didn’t impact me too much as he was trying to keep it to himself. His early retirement was only a few years before retirement age, so it was just something that ...
Hi, I feel a bit of a fraud as I’m not a carer and not sure if my situation is appropriate here, but I am affected by my husband’s condition of Chronic fatigue. He was diagnosed about 15 years ago and had to take early retirement because of it. He does not have the typical symptoms, like being confi...