[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Breezey, THANKS for answering, I just needed that little bit of acknowledgment and reassurance ( I’m not normally so needy) but it really got to me today and I’m now catastrophising about this escalating and ruining my weekend with my son - who I’ve only seen twice this year. Just constant anxiety…....
Sorry to be posting about what seems to be such an insignificant issue, but it’s a “ straw that broke the camel’s back” moment. Monday is my only “ day off” from physically seeing her and I needed a break
It was the 7th telephone call and …………..
I’d had enough.
I need to post today to save my sanity or at least get some support ( or not) Just a few minutes ago my MIL phoned to ask me to go around to make her a cup of tea! I’m about fifteen minutes away by car which I know isn’t far, but it’s the total disrespect of my time and the attitude that I am always...
Getting things out on this forum has been helpful, as has the knowledge that you’re not alone or a horrible person just because you feel as you do.
I so recognise your comments about not wanting to be the person who is”always moaning.”
That’s how I feel and so I bottle up my feelings and end up feeling even more upset and resentful of my situation.
Wise words as ever, but I didn’t realise how difficult it can be to implement. A mixture of guilt, worry, anxiety and “what will the neighbours think” kicks in and can impact on the best of intentions. I’m building up the courage to say we’re going to see my son up north for a few days next week, an...
Hello Karen, you’ve come to the right place for support and good advice. Please don’t feel guilty about wanting a life of your own. You need to actively make plans as you’re mother could go into her nineties and if nothing changes imagine how you will feel by then. I am made to constantly feel guilt...
I think this one of the most common issues raised on this forum. So many people who are getting older themselves are finding it too much to care for extremely old parents and relatives. The theme of the carees not being grateful is also common as there seems to be an expectation that they should be ...
Me again: As for the “purpose of life “ that’s a huge philosophical question! However, I’m sure part of that purpose is to be happy and live the life you want to live. We can all get waylaid by problems with work, children, elderly relatives etc etc. Nonetheless, we can also ensure we take time for ...
Please take heart that you are not alone in feeling as you do. I don’t know the details of your situation, but I too have experienced feelings of not knowing which way to turn and wondering if things will ever change, more importantly, get better. Worrying about children, even as adults, never chang...