Hi, that did reassure me a bit more, thanks so much for your replies.
Thankyou. I have read over all the info. but I still don't get it. Must just have to accept it, never mind.
Mam is in a home she has dementia/alzheimers and depression, at times she is quite coherant, however it was diagnosed a few years ago that she is quite depressed. She also can't walk and is chairbound. Anyway, the home she has been in the last year has requested a deprivation of liberty, they didnt ...
Mum has been in the care home for around two month now, and has told me a couple of times that she feels she is in bed a lot. She suffers from mild dementia but still communicates fairly ok, I often have to observe a situation for a while. I had asked a carer about being put to bed and they said it ...
Hi, my elderly mother has recently gone into a care home. The social worker had recommended this due to her last sheltered housing requesting further hours to assist her day to day, so the social worker left it to me to search out a care home. I found one, myself and my sister discussed Mam going in...
Hmm, well we asked the care home office and they said its not possible to use them for the calls, or at least they gave the impression.
It just seems a waste of money as you pointed out, Mam isn't really capable to manage a phone line/phone/mobile.
Hi, I have a dilemma. My Mum has just gone into a care home, she is elderly, has dementia and Alzheimer's. At times she is quite coherent. My sister lives abroad and always phoned her every day. The care home don't have the time to seek Mam out with the phone etc. I am wondering should we get a land...
Thanks for your thoughts. I did talk it through with my brother, and decided to let it go. We decided it might stir things up and make them and me on my guard, I did decide if I see the carer to "friendly" put her right and to let her know, what she said that night was not my intention. This situati...
My Mum lives in a 24 hour extra care scheme she is attended by carers several times a day. Carers are on site. A few weeks ago my Mum took ill with a cold virus. She is 87 years old and symptoms had been surfacing during that week. Anyway one evening a carer phoned me, saying she had called an ambul...
Thanks all, your words are reasssuring, will keep perservering to try to get the best for both him and Mam, Thanks again.