[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Drew If it is a long time since you mentioned moving to your father, it could be worth asking again. If it has been recent be honest to him and say you can't carry on with it. Take the approach to him that you are both struggling now, it is an effort for you and before it becomes a struggle and impo...
It sounds like you need to have a good scream henryscat. I hope your dad starts getting some equilibrium and return to himself from the infection soon, I can't imagine how awful it was to return and find your father in such a way. I don't have any advice for you, the buyers are being very insensitiv...
Hello Drew Sorry to hear about your circumstances. Considering his conditions and your own situation, this is too much for you to be doing on your own and even with carers. Would your father consider being in a residential home? It sounds like he qualifies for that or a nursing home and would be muc...
Ruth I salute you!
Caring more than 35 hours a week - you care for your mother on your days off and from teatime to going to work in the morning. That's a lot of hours. it does depend on your mum getting benefits and it is taxable against earnings. Cooking - I meant you are able to feed yourself. oh gosh that was a lo...
I don't know anything about this, but why limit to London area where pollution is a risk and the cost of living higher? Have you considered areas to the east that might be drier? North Essex? Suffolk? Norfolk? If there are options to move there it could be less humid there too. Lincolnshire? Home co...
Hello Nicholas You said you are done. You seem exasperated and exhausted. Are you done with the status quo or done with him, that is the key to your future. Is he due/overdue a review on himself and medications? Is he under a social worker/autism worker? Is he out of control or engineered it to just...
Know and understand the care package. As mentioned there is a big push for care at home, to ease the burden on demand for care homes and reduce costs. They are probably not considering your capabilities and physical health in your ability to give care. If they haven't explained the care package you ...
Hello Sandra So sorry to hear about your husband. You do need to think about your ability and capability to care for your husband and yourself. Your family are concerned for you due to your own health, that is an issue that needs to be considered. It is odd that he would rather be in the hospital th...
The foundation year covered all aspects, computing, electronics, maths, manufacturing and engineering and you decided your course at the end so the reading list wasn't so prescribed.