[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello. I am caring for my father who is receiving AA. Last month. I not only informed UC that I am a carer but I also applied for Carers Allowance separately. This month I was awarded Carers Element and today I received a letter informing me that I would be receiving caters Allowance (£69.70 per wee...
He's declining rapidly. He's confused most days and suffers from hallucinations on a daily basis. He can move though he spends most days in his bed due to his stiffness. I haven't contacted the Parkinson's Society yet?
@Bowling Bun. How do you know if there has been a NHS Continuing Health Care Assessment? My father has a new social worker who sent me the financial assessment form two weeks ago. My father has refused to sign the consent form that she attached in her email. I would like to find my father private ca...
I need advice. My father who has Parkinson's and Dementia has been told that he will have to fund his care. Does anyone where to find good private carers to provide solely personal care? He lives in London.
I am in the same situation. My father who has Parkinson's and Dementia is receiving a double handed package of care from Social Services. He receives 1 morning session of 45 mins and 30 mins slots at 1pm, 5pm and 7pm. The carers only do his personal care. I am pretty much housebound 7 days a week be...
I am still going through hell. I raised a Safeguarding Alert last month and SS have still not been in touch. I have made complaints and nothing is happening. Today the physio came over to assess my dad again because he is worried about the amount of time my dad sends lying in bed.. My dad has Parkin...
Congratulations on being a new mum. I am also in the same situation. I have a baby and I'm caring for both parents. My fiance (the father of my baby) doesn't live with me and I only see him now once a week. My relationship has suffered because I have stupidly undertaken a caring role for my parents ...
Hello Helena. I am a lot calmer today. I thought I was going to have a heart attack or stroke when everything was going on. My dad's GP and SW (his actual keyworker) and LA have still have not contacted me. If I didn't have the SW's , who dealt with my dad's hospital discharge, mobile number, I doub...
Thank you all for your advice. I can't express how grateful I am for your support Aaron, Melly and Bowling Bun. I spoke to the Agency and they agreed that my father's discharge was an safe one. They said they would have refused the double handed care if they knew that he did not have a hospital bed ...
Thank you Aaron. I have called repeatedly and emailed. Social services told me to contact his key worker. I called and emailed but haven't been able to reach him. After reading your post, I sent a further email where I have raised a Safeguarding alert. This is such an awful situation. I have a baby ...