[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
A person with dementia is not safe in a home setting without 24/7 supervision. Most people with dementia become uncooperative about safety issues, like not trying to walk unassisted. One person cannot provide acceptable care alone, your dad will need a lot of help which doesn't come cheap. One thing...
What gives you that serotonin boost? Looking for ideas for something to look forward to. I don’t find much joy in my life at the moment and would love to hear what makes you happy :). For context, here’s what I’ve tried but have quit due to discontinued interest: creative writing karate running call...
This is incredibly wide. How they will help (or fund you to help yourself) depends on your plan. Financially - the idea is that it helps you specifically with disability related costs. It can cover costs for support workers, therapies, assistive technology costs or modifications to your home for acc...
I’m taking my dad (80) to his GP on Thursday morning. I do not know if his general confusion has, or is, developing into dementia. Most likely vascular dementia on account if he has has 2 strokes. ( I’m a nurse) He’s become quite controlling to my mum (83). Aggressive verbally and unable to do simpl...
Why am I feeling depressed, or having SH thoughts, even if I'm in a good place? I'm so used to it being simple and easy. Either up or down. But what am I supposed to do when it's both? I have no reason to be down or hating myself, but I still find myself riding on the edge. Like, today I got stuff d...
My grandma (78) was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in the past month. She is in early-middle stages according to the doctor. In general she is really forgetful and will ask the same things over and over again, forgets that conversations already happened, forgets how to fix a problem with her phone after...
As the title suggests, I am looking for suggestions to improve my Mum's quality of life. I am a 60M living 280 miles away from my Mum. My brother and his wife are 5 mins away from her and are doing a very good job of taking care of her immediate needs. However she is 95, only able to get about with ...