[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
From my own experience with my parents, sadly, this is only going to end one way, when dad passes away. He's never going to get better, the dementia will deepen. Realistically, he is approaching the end of his life, and nothing anyone says or does is going to make much difference. I'm certainly not...
Dave as Mum is next of kin can you get her to give written permission for you to directly speak to the care home. I don't see why you have to take a holiday from work. The care home should be able to accommodate you with a day and time to communicate. Likewise you should easily be able to email you...
Really struggling at the moment. My Mum just refuses to deal with anything and I'm very limited in what I can do as I'm at work and can't really make or receive calls. She visited earlier in the week and was let into the home by the manager so I said did she ask about the issue with the move to a ne...
Dad capabilities are the carers doing any bed exercises. If not that's something that can be put in place. Of course only if Dad will want to do them and may feel not inclined or well enough. There are plenty of low impact bed exercises on the internet. Alternatively, an O/T or physio should be inv...
Quick recap, my Dad went into hospital Xmas Day after passing out. This is being caused by a rapid blood pressure drop to as low as 40, this happened several more times in hospital to the point they at first stopped him standing up but then it also happened when he was seated so he was declared bed ...
Hi all, things have moved on a lot since my last post. To say it's been a hectic and stressful couple of weeks would be an understatement. I'll put a recap of what's happened to date in a 2nd post just to keep things as brief as possible in this post. My Dad is now in a care home. The discharge team...
There will without doubt be paperwork as I've discovered there's boxes and boxes of stuff in the loft. Bills, pension info, payslips, bank statements etc going back decades. The downside is nothing is in any order whatsoever so its going to take an age to sort through everything and pick out the rel...
I've emailed the doctor over the weekend asking to arrange a call to speak about CHC. Hopefully should hear back shortly. The next issue with regards to any means test is speaking to my Mum she has no idea if my Dad has any other accounts in his name apart from their joint account. I can get onto th...
Social Services should NOT do a financial assessment or charge for care until the Continuing Healthcare assessment has been done. If he qualifies for CHC all needs are FREE, as they would be in hospital. If between them mum and dad have over £46,000, and dad doesn't qualify for CHC ( a postcode lot...
I've spent the weekend googling info about care options and there's something I'm not clear on. My Dad is currently in hospital and while it is proving slightly difficult to get accurate information on his current state, which is potentially end of life. If he does leave hospital it is unlikely he w...