[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Carer Maximum weekly rate
Aged under 66, caring for 1 person €224
Aged under 66, caring for 2 or more €336
Aged 66 or over and caring for 1 person €262
Aged 66+, caring for 2 people €393
Do you think your Mum would agree to a couple of weeks of respite care in a care home? That would give you a break and allow you to breathe. I know a lady who had been caring for her sister who has dementia and the carer had to have a hip replacement. So, her sister had to go into a care home for re...
Definitely the second design. It comes across as more inclusive to me.
sunnydisposition, just want to Thank you for telling me about your niece and the supporting living arrangements where she lives. I am definitely going to contact Mencap, as they have been recommended by different people. I also understand the importance of the move into supported living being a well...
Penny, Thank You for your reply, which I really appreciate. It's very encouraging to hear about someone living in supported living and doing very well. I think that my brother would do well with the support of staff and from myself. I just know that I couldn't manage on my own.
Is there any way that the council would provide a care allowance that you could employ a private carer? Then, you might be able to have someone come at a time that suits you.
You are in a really difficult and stressful situation. It sounds to me that your Mum is in denial about what is happening to your Dad. I think that a health care professional needs to sit down with her and gently have a conversation with her about the reality of the situation. She will possibly pay ...
Thank you both for your replies to my post. Both your posts have helped me to feel a bit more positive about the situation. It's really good to hear that supported living has good outcomes for people with a learning disability. I think that my brother fears being 'put in somewhere' and forgotten abo...
Hello, I feel that I am between a rock and a hard place. I have a 45 year old brother with special needs and my Mum will be 80 next month. She has a weak heart and is becoming quite frail. I worry all the time about what will happen my brother when my Mum passes away. I love my brother very much and...
I am so glad that your son is getting that level of support. Sometimes, I feel it is like the Stone Age in Northern Ireland when it comes to the social care sector. People only get any help when they are practically at breaking point. Mental health services also lag behind in NI, in fact the whole h...