[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Bowlingbun

Wow those holidays sound fantastic. I’m adding those to my bucket list!! There’s so much I want to do whilst I’m well enough to enjoy it !
Hi Melly Yes the tenant pays the rent to the daughter and SIL. A bit of background: He gave his own house to the daughter and SIL. This whole feeling sorry for her…..all so strange. Part of the deal was that they purchased his late mothers house (split between him & 2 brothers) for £110K. He spent £...
Hi Bowlingbun You’ve hit the nail on the head re my house/my rules and that’s given me validation and confidence to deal with this - in the short term until he moves out. That may be at least 3 months given that I would want to be reasonable and get professional advice. I do agree that I need some c...
Oh my. Thank you all so much for such supportive responses. Truly - I’m overwhelmed. So it’s a resounding agreement that I need to put my needs first. If I’m honest I’ve been feeling this for a while but it’s also taken a while to acknowledge it. At 65 I have a few healthy and good years to enjoy so...
Hello Bowlingbun Thank you so much for your thoughtful and honest reply. My instinct tells me that you are right. Also my daughter and SIL are pretty much saying the same as you have. Their observation is that my life is being taken over by caring again, and they know how that affected me during my ...
Hello I’m new to this forum so please bear with me! I was widowed 8.5 years ago and I cared for my dear husband for many years, but very intensively for the last 2.5 years of his life. I did this lovingly and willingly but it was very stressful at times - particularly when he became bed ridden and n...