[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>In my opinion, as a former carer for seven years, absolutely not! Of-course you're not a bad person. First of all, you ARE caring for your mother, and as you say, you mean to carry on in spite of your feelings. To even raise the question of whether you're bad shows how much we as a society expect...
<t>After being full-time carer for my mum for over seven years, I find that now she's no longer with us after passing away just before Christmas, I can start to get my own life back. But I say 'start' because it's taking an awful lot of time to unwind from the stress that I experienced as a carer. I...
<t>Hi Nahida. That's a very difficult question you've raised, and there are no easy answers. You have my full sympathy. I imagine you're torn between your love and responsibility towards your mum, and your right to look after your own needs, and that's tricky. Your mum is important, but then so are ...
Hi Avril, I found Hugh Marriot's "A Selfish Pigs Guide to Caring" a godsend when I first had to start Caring (Note the capital letter. This is an important job!) Pete. Hi Pete, I hope you're doing OK. It's a while since I joined the forum and you told me about Hugh Marriot's book 'A Selfish Pigs Gu...
<t>Hi Sonia,<br/> <br/> I've only recently joined the forum, so I've just read your query about what to do when someone with dementia stops using a shower. Things may have moved on since then, but in case it's of any help I offer a comment.<br/> <br/> My mum is 90 and has dementia. Months ago she st...
<t>Dear Pete,<br/> <br/> Thank you for your warm welcome (see below). I've made a note of Hugh Marriot's Guide - thank you. Sorry to hear that you've had to pass on Jill's care to others - not an easy thing to do, I'm sure. But hopefully for the best for you both.<br/> <br/> My best wishes to you, A...
<t>Susie - PS. Forgot to answer your following question:<br/> <br/> 'You say that your Mum has lost sense of what to do with her money - have you sorted out Power of Attorney ? If not I would suggest that you do so asap' <br/> <br/> Answer - No, I don't have Power of Attorney - I left it too late. B...
<t>Bless you, Susie, for the trouble you've taken to give me practical advice. <br/> <br/> To answer your questions, yes, mum does get Attendance Allowance, but we spend that on practical care for mum, rather then on my needs.<br/> <br/> As for a carer's assessment - I had one some time ago (about e...
<t>Hi! <br/> <br/> Yes, I have a twin sister who has refused to care for our mum, who has dementia, so I'm the one who has taken mum in to share a home with us (me and my husband) so I can look after her. My sister has not been at all helpful. She has done nothing concrete at all in the eighteen mon...
Hello Susie, Thank you for your kind words. With reference to your reference to getting outside help (see quote from your post below) yes, I do get a little help from Crossroads -just three hours a week when a sitter comes and keeps mum company, which gives me a chance to go out somewhere with my hu...