[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
You can use a fake name instead of an alias if you just want to use specific groups. I know a few social workers and teachers who can't put their full real name on for security purposes and they just use their first name (Like Sarah Jayne).
It's so tricky isn't it? Apparently today he is more lucid and is eating and drinking so I think CHC would throw his case out pretty quickly even though he would JUST about fit the initial assessment criteria without these two new issues. I messaged the nursing home with an update a few days ago and...
I guess it depends on how close to the end of your rope you are and how much you've been able to get through to your husband that that's where you are. If it were me and I had had too many conversations, but I was still the one picking up most of the pieces, I would do a spreadsheet - (don't judge m...
Thanks Pet - that raises an interesting question - when is physio... physio? I have to see physios a lot because of a connective tissue disorder but I obviously have to do exercises on my own in between times. If I was still caring for Dad myself I would help him with any exercises he needed to do b...
He definitely won't be moving anywhere else unless for some reason the care home refuse to take him back (it's a nursing home so there shouldn't be TOO many things they're unable to cope with). He now has his brace fitted and they have stood him up etc so he should be able to take steps when he's st...
Thanks Charles. I'd like to get it sold and we'll need the money in the next 4-5 months for his care home fees. He wants to go through his stuff (not clothing, things like the garage & kitchen etc), no idea why as he won't be able to take any of it with him and he can't have much of a say over who h...
Hi all, I hope everyone is ticking along. Sorry It's been a couple of weeks since I was last here. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of someone having a temporary loss of capacity? Thinking about it there must be several examples of where this might be the case, such as a reaction to a me...
Yesterday evening I was perusing Facebook and came across the latest videos for the care home, taken yesterday afternoon. I had to watch 3 times before I believed it. Not only was my dad in the bloomin' lounge but he was LEADING A SINGALONG!! We went in today to take in a fridge for his chocolate an...
Do you know if it's available on catch up at all? I don't even know which side it's on!

*do we still say 'side' anymore??
Thanks Melly, Unfortunately my sister in law isn't local so it was just me this morning but I did as you suggested (as did she) and kept to a few main points which I'd written down. As I'd hoped, the issue is really only with the one chap as the rest all have dementia in various forms & wouldn't kno...