[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Loobers Our situation very similar, Dad living with my husband and I for past 4 years. Tomorrow my sister and I are visiting a nearby residential home for a chat/tea with Dad with a view for respite care. The guilt is horrendous, but I have a cancer op coming up (it’s a big one) and will be away...
Thanks for your response. What I meant was when dad was in a care home it was for residential care not nursing care so a continuing healthcare assessment wasn't appropriate. After another horrendously disturbed night last night we are going to have discussions about where we go from here. I truly ha...
Thanks for your response. Dad's entitlements benefits/council tax etc are sorted. The Continuing Healthcare Assessment wouldn't apply as it's for nursing care and wouldn't apply to dad (when he was in the home he was assessed as residential only). I'm interested in hearing other people's experiences...
Thanks for your response. Dad owns property and has savings over £23k so he is self funding. We don't think continuing to care for him long term is realistic judging by how the past month has gone :( Night sits aren't feasible as we are also staying in the property and the cost is pretty prohibitive...
Hi I'm so pleased to find this forum and to hopefully get some advice on my situation. My dad has advanced Parkinson's. Two years ago he had a lengthy hospital stay following a fall. Tragically my mum died unexpectedly during that stay. My dad was subsequently discharged to a care home and then covi...