[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:57 pm
You mention "banded funding". What is this exactly?
If Mum is not eligible for full funding then she may be eligble for NHS Nursing Care which is banded into standard and high needs. I think standard is £180 per week towards her care costs.
My Mum is now moving to an interim placement tomorrow for assessment however, it is one of the most expensive Nursing Homes (not Care Home) in the area. I know I cannot refuse but what happens after her free 4 week assessment? If they say she cannot return home and needs to remain in care, can I say...
I would strongly recommend using a solicitor in your situation, to make sure your own situation is protected, as well as mum's wellbeing. Mum and I both used the same solicitor, in fact I used them when we bought our first house when I was just 19, as I'd been to school with the son and daughter of...
Trying to request the doctor at the hospital to carry out the COP3 but they seem reluctant so guess I am going to have to wait until Mum is moved to a placement and hopefully it will done there as cannot move forward without this. I think I need to ask for a Continuing Healthcare Assessment too. Aga...
Hello, posted on here a few times and since my last post things have progressed to the stage where I need to start thinking about a Deputyship. Mum is in hospital awaiting an interim placement and from there it seems that, unless a miracle happens, Mum will more than likely have to stay in a care ho...
Update. So Mum is still in hospital and refusing all personal care. I understand that they are either waiting for a suitable package of care (home visit 4 times a day) or an interim placement for assessment and the placement is their preferred option. It does seem to be moving in the right direction...
Oh my goodness, I did not realise that!! That is such helpful advice, thank you! I thought the cut off for that though was 50 years old and I am 49 (50 in August)? I think it might be enough to change the key safe number to something no one would think of or maybe take the key out. No one else has a...
We have a key safe and have been advised to change the number or remove the key. Have been a bit worried about doing so as I live here too. This is my home albeit it's my Mum's house. If they can't get in then would they take Mum back to hospital? If Mum is so immobile I would not be able to cope ev...
Thank you for all your advice. Seems like Mum does not have a UTI or at least they are not treating her for one. Mum is still in hospital but has been transferred to another ward. They say they will not discharge her without a suitable package of care if she comes home or there is talk of a placemen...
I have posted online here a few times but things have come to a head and I need to know what to do so we don't keep going round in circles please. I had some time off work for Xmas so I was around more for my Mum who has Vascular Dementia. I got up early, fed her cats and medicated them, cleaned the...