[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
bowlingbun wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:22 pm
That's good news.

With regard to the original assessors, I'd now write to the council and suggest that there is "an urgent need for further training on this subject".
Yep, I started drafting my complaint earlier.
Just to update those who have taken the time to comment, I have received confirmation that I will now get the correct 50% discount and it will be backdated. It took another phone call because the original assessor refused to engage with me, but I finally got someone wiling to take ownership and it w...
Only one person is entitled to CA if they care 35 hours a week or more. However, there are 168 hours in a week, so if you are caring for someone who is very ill, you can still be a carer. Would you like to tell us a bit more about your situation? My daughter is 22 and was born with a brain abnormal...
No, I've asked what proof they require of being a carer, but they don't answer questions only state their decision e.g. they've applied a discount for [wife] as they have proof of CA but not for me because I've not provided proof. Unfortunately it takes a day for them to email and then nothing when ...
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:25 am
I feel confident that our CUK helpline will be able to advise you on the exact regulation wording.
They helped me on another matter and made me £50 better off!
Thanks, I've read the article on this site but the difficulty is in getting others to accept it's correct!
I’m interested in other users’ experience in claiming council tax disregard for carers, particularly where two adults are carers. My LA is insisting that only a carer in receipt of CA is eligible and have awarded the disregard to my wife. They say that I have not proved I'm a carer because I do not ...