[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Bowlingbun, you have suffered such a lot, I’m so sorry. When I mentioned to my mum about me maybe going on a little holiday her face lit up and she said she would come to. I was taken aback. So not had a social care assessment, I’m so scared of all that to be honest, and so is my mum. I’m ashamed to...
Thank you Joanna, yes I know what you mean completely! It feels like as the carer - only we understand them best and that “the helicopters” (family who visit on the odd occasion) do not know them like we do, can upset them and it can be stressful. And we carry this burden on our shoulders alone. I l...
Thank you Lucy, I have emailed you for help.
Hi Bowlingbun, I have not had a holiday in years and Iv never even been on a plane in my life! No she doesn’t get attendance allowance because she gets DLA. Thank you for replying.
Hi Jo, I just posted to, I’m new on here but already don’t feel as lonely now knowing there are others in the same boat. My dad had Parkinson’s - my mum has dementia and I’m her live in carer. I’m 50. It’s so hard and the responsibility can be overwhelming. You are not alone though, please message m...
Hi everybody I’m new on here, it’s the first time Iv ever been on & read some of the posts that I couldn’t believe how much resembled myself. I live with my mum and daughter. My. Mum is 86 with Alzheimer’s dementia and very bad tempered, slamming doors, head strong and refusing to admit she needs an...