[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Good luck Steven. I wish you all the best.
Some form of respite for yourself is essential. You're in need of a good break. I know it feels awful and that we're turning our backs on our loved ones, but if you're in a mess it only make it all harder. Trust me, I know.
Nice one, BB.
It is a shame, although a sad fact of life, that dealing with these people really is a lottery. As you say, I've no doubt that such a sudden charge of heart on their part seems like it was brought about by something specific.

All the best, anyway

Anthony
As Bowlingbun rightly says, it confirms what we were probably all thinking and going through anyway. It's just very worthwhile to see things quantified sometimes, and to a degree (as if we needed it) it does validate our feelings. I do reckon though, that the number of participants in the survey is ...
Marie, you simply have TOO MUCH on.
Looks like you probably have for quite some time.
Much easier said than done, I know, but try and find a way in which you do just a little less stuff. As Bowingbun rightly says, try to prioritise things.
Use this forum a people here have lots of good advice.
Well done for standing up for yourself, something that like me, you might not have been very good at.

I wish you well. You've zero reason to feel guilty. You are doing your best.

kind regards
Anthony
Dear Joanna, firstly, welcome. I haven't been on here long myself. I too came here feeling desperate. Like you, I'm 49 and I really am the sole carer for my wife who suffers from multiple, chronic ailments. She's 50 going on 90. I feel the same way as you in that I feel so utterly responsible for ev...
Dear George, the fact that you have joined us here demonstrates that you might be in need of some help yourself.

I have experience myself of similar stuff, and it is far from easy to live with.

We're here to help if we can

Anthony
Dear Michael, mate you sound like a saint. I honestly don't know what to say to you. Needless to say I sincerely do wish you all the best in what you do. Melly is probably right. Taste and smell are powerful ways of evoking the past. Consider perhaps a scented candle or music that might evoke memori...
Dear Virtualcarer,

I don't know where to start. All I can say is that I can well understand the stress you must be under.

I can't give much practical advice.

Try and make more time for yourself.

Don't hesitate to get in touch

Anthony