[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi, everyone. Latest news, after weeks of fewer and fewer successful hours in school, finally refusing to even get dressed for school, we seem to have turned a corner (fingers crossed). Last Wednesday, Daddy took little sister to her school, then dropped him off at his school (just across the road) ...
Hi, everyone. Latest news, after weeks of fewer and fewer successful hours in school, finally refusing to even get dressed for school, we seem to have turned a corner (fingers crossed). Last Wednesday, Daddy took little sister to her school, then dropped him off at his school (just across the road) ...
Thanks, folks. I will pass on the list of independent schools to Daddy. I hate seeing our little lad suffering like this.
Hi, everyone. I have lost my earlier thread, as I haven't been on the board for a little while. We had a bit of a crisis, and I got overwhelmed. As a quick update, my 10 year old grandson is on the spectrum - highly intelligent, but struggling to cope with school. Daddy has mental health issues of h...
Thanks for the suggestions, Melly. I don't know if there is an autism team for our local schools - will look into that. The school have asked for a meeting with daddy early Monday morning, as our boy hasn't managed o cope with a single day of school this week. Will see what they come up with. Just p...
I tried getting Daddy to sort out housing. Even got him signed onto the local council housing register a couple of years ago - it's a bidding system round here. When the Council wanted further evidence of our boy's special needs, Daddy let it slide. He's now talking about trying again in a couple of...
Hi, Melly. A really helpful response. However, home life is very unstructured. Daddy has mental health issues as well, and is struggling to cope, in my opinion. He had a very disrupted childhood, and has a history of depression even prior to his wife's death 4 years ago and his best friend's death 2...
I believe that too, bowling bun, but it's in his Dad's hands, not mine. Social Services have no contact with the family, not even bereavement counselling after our daughter passed away. I just feel so helpless, and so worried.
Hi, bowlingbun. That's exactly what has me worried. I don't want my grandsonbto wind up in care, but I can see it happening if things don't change. Either that, or he will harm himself, or his little sister could get hurt if she gets in the way. The whole thing terrifies me.
It is up to his Daddy regarding school placement, not me. It took quite a bit of convincing for him to agree to look at special schooling for secondary level when our boy transitions next September. However, since they had a visit arranged by his current SENDCO, both Daddy and our boy are more enthu...