[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you for your support and responses. It is always good to know I can come on here and others will have had similar experiences. Currently he isn't so bad - early days. I have had to take on all the driving (no problem as I like driving) and doing all the admin stuff (again no great shakes). I d...
It seems that given my husbands fairly recent diagnosis for Alzheimers that I am now assumed to be his 'carer' and this feels like the thin edge of the wedge. I am his wife not his carer. Obviously I will support and help him but if and when he gets to need more nursing care that is not a role I wis...
Thanks. That Age Concern link was very useful.

Difficult to know if I can buy my children pensions or not, given my husband has a diagnosis for Alzheimers, albeit he is currently only very forgetful but still perfectly capable of making such a gift to the children.
I caught a snippet on the radio a couple of days ago in which they stated that if someone suffering dementia had more than £23k of savings they got zero financial support if they had to go into a care home. Can anyone confirm if this is correct please? Is it just the person with dementia or does the...
Thanks for this - at least I know I am not the only one to get these unfair feelings. We moved back to the UK in Sept 2020 but it was becoming evident some 12 months prior to that that my husband had some increasingly worrying problems. Heart was obvious as he had to go into hospital. Mental health ...
My 70 year old husband has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimers. Although I sort of suspected it, it still came as an enormous blow to me to hear those dreaded words. So much so that for 2 weeks I simply wanted to drop dead - what is the point in my continuing in this life. I have never been a ca...