[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
He has about £40,000 in savings, he was receiving his pension every 4 weeks but that’s all. I still work but have had to increase my hours since he was admitted to hospital. The savings are what he inherited from his parents,that’s the only reason he has that sort of money I had a phone call yesterd...
When my partner first became ill with mental/dementia issues, I had to go from working full time to part time, as I couldn’t cope with caring for him along side a full time job, I also had caring for my parents alongside. He also took an overdose which totally wrecked my head mentally afterwards, I ...
There are some hospitals who have a carers hub/group held within the hospital. Where there is a dedicated lounge area run by a co-ordinator and/or volunteers. It's a place to share (if you want to) and be supported. This can be with all aspects of providing a listening ear, sign posting and benefit...
This afternoon I have received a phone call from the hospital where my partner has been since last September for depression/dementia issues. It was a call to invite me to attend their Carers Clinic which has just been reopened after the Covid situation. I have booked a slot to go there next week as ...
I totally get where you are coming from, I don’t really have any answers but want you to know that you are not the only one that feels like this, lots of us out there sadly. So pleased that you are seeing someone weekly to talk to, I do hope that helps you. Is it worth looking into doing some volunt...
Thank you for your replies, I have also seen the private messages, am going to look into taking legal advice now. Thank you for recommending that I do this! I did redo my will last year and I then gave the solicitor a copy of my partners will along with a copy of the letter he had done with his son ...
Thank you for your info. To be totally honest, I’m not sure that I want to be his next of kin when it comes to the legal sides of things. From what I can make out some care homes want the next of kin to sign paperwork to say they are a guarantor for their care payments. I am thinking that his son ne...
Thank. You for that info about the possibility of him being except from paying council tax, I will talk again to the local council and ask them to send me some info, they have not been very helpful so now I have this information that may help things In that direction at least. People that have never...
Thank you for your reply! I have spoken to the council in reference to getting the discount on council tax but have not got on too well so far, have spoken to them several times to no avail. They say that because he is still registered at the home address I can’t claim the one person discount. When ...
So, just to update the situation, I received a phone call yesterday from the hospital. They are not planning on discharging him yet, he has had a bit of a set back because first of all someone was tested on his ward positive with Covid so for 10 days they were all told they would have to self isolat...