[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Well done. I wanted to get through mum's list. Whenever I arrived she would dive into the pocket of her recliner, take out a notebook, containing her list for the day. She had carers 3 times a day, a gardener, and a girl to do ironing etc yet still she saved jobs for me as I did them better, when I...
I've just said NO to my parents over the phone & it is so liberating! I have been there every day this week. Today i am sorting my own house and garden. Mum rang to say dad was complaining that he is doing everything. I checked, was there an emergency? No. What does Dad need me for? I could hear him...
I've had a total of 10 carees over a 40 year old period. Only one left now, but I hope by posting here I can help others avoid the pitfalls I fell headlong into! My life should have been so much better. Bless you! Thanks for sharing and giving time to support others on this forum! Virtual hug! 🤗
Mmm. Good advice as always Bowlingbun!
I dont know if this is the place for this but thought i would post here to alert people bout something that is targeting the vulnerable. Recently my dad received a phonecall (unfortunately I dont have the number the call was made from) asking him if he gets lots of irritating phone calls, which he d...
Make an appointment to see HR, rather than "pin down my manager". HR should know far more about your legal rights, and should then inform your manager. Make it clear that you are currently "sorting out" your parents care, not intending to care for them yourself. I know how hard it is to get parents...
Thanks, thats good to know. :)
Thank you all very much for your comments & advice! :D Bless you Bowlingbun! That was really good advice. I do have Power of Attorney for both parents, Health& welfare & the financial one. Mum gets Attendance allowance at the highest rate. I hadn't considered getting AA for Dad until I read your rep...
Hello. Just joined forum as i feel i need the support & advice thats out there! To briefly summarise. Mum is 80 with Parkinson's. Dad is 85 with multiple co- morbidies. I am single and live nearby. I have been supporting them with household tasks, shopping etc. for some time. Last year i started fle...