[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Ianopolis and welcome I am fairly new here too and I would like you to know that every one is really welcoming and friendly. I'm 35 and a live in carer for my Nan I can sympathsise with the isolation and the change in personaility from your Mum, my Nan gets like that with me, I supose its because...
ah really sorry Image
<t>Hi All<br/> <br/> Don't know if this will be of use to anyone but may be worth a try....<br/> My Nan needed a wheelchair so someone told use to call the local charity shop, they gave us a number for the warehouse and we managed to purchase a chair for £25.00 - BARGAIN and its so well used!!<br/> ...
Hi I was in a similar position and was claiming ESA, you cannot recieve both but I think you can recieve a top up of carers allowance. You may want to look into recieving carers allowance and income support instead which is basically the same but you wont have the added pressure and a stress of the ...
<t>Hi thanks again<br/> <br/> Yeah my nan has the life line but I don't think she would think about using it. Also I know I should call an ambulance when she falls but even that's hard - for example she fell out of bed and woke me at 2am by crawling into the hallway shouting I can't get up (I didn't...
Hi Annie, Do you have age concern near you because I have been to them for advice and they have been wonderful. The lady was very understanding and friendly and gave me numbers for all the support that we have recieved. They may be able to give you advice on different options that are available befo...
Hi many thanks for response and advice, I have had social services involved to help with equipment and for an assessment and they have been great. My Nan refused point blank to have any one come in and help and was quite rude to the lady!!! My Nan has never lived on her own, my Grandad died about 25...
Hi All I am a full-time (live in) carer for my 84 year old Nan. I have been a carer for her for over a year now. I am 35 years old, single with no children. I became a carer by accident really. I was looking after my Nan part time while working and maintaing a six year relationship but everything ca...