[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi, I am currently caring for y mother who has had a stroke. Luckily I am working from home so can be around for making meals, helping transition to the toilet etc. I wonder if anyone could advice / point me in the right direction for looking for a 'sitter', someone who may be able to help out for ...
Hi Chris Derby City Council provides short breaks for carers including the sort of service you enquired about. The details are here: https://www.derby.gov.uk/health-and-social-care/your-life-your-choice/information-for-carers/adult-respite-care/ Make sure you have notes of the information you want ...
This might seem a silly question but I just can't figure it out...!. Dad has just been discharged from hospital and will now have a carer. The carer will call between 7am and 10am. Mum is worried because she isn't sure when she can use the bathroom...She can't wait until 10am because she's a very a...
Hi Jamie How does your Mum feel about all this? One way to deal with this is to ask for a Carers Assessment and tell them as part of that what - exactly - you're prepared to do for your Mum. And if that means not actually doing any caring, that's fine. They can't force you to, they're not even allo...
I told the SW that I am worried about my mental health. I also couldn't help crying in front of him. I told him I just can't care for my dad. I said the discharge was unsafe and they failed to consider the environment that my dad would return to. I told the SW that I felt like a prisoner. The care ...
Ive had enough of having to do EVERYTHING. She has carers 4 times per day and she's lucky if she gets an hour of care per day. They don't shower her daily because they either only send one "short staffed, yet there's lots of people in the office who could do it" or their favourite "you had one yeste...
bowlingbun wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:41 pm
How old is mum?
How old are you?
Does mum own or rent her home?
I know from personal experience what a roller coaster ride this is.
She's 60 and I'm 22, luckily she owns the house so that's all good. its just yeah a roller coaster ride tbh.
Jamie, try to rest this afternoon and evening. Is visiting allowed? Did mum take in any toiletries or nighties with her? Thank you, I was planning on taking it easy to be fair. Yes she has everything she needs as we keep as small bag of essentials for if she has to go to hospital at any point. Unfo...
Thanks everyone, I actually got to speak to her today and the nurse put me on, she won't be out today as planned. she was haemorrhaging again last night and found a mass in her womb and they want to test what it is.
I'm afraid they haven't done the procedure properly. Can you speak to the Ward Sister? I have and the feeling I've got is your bothering them and they won't say much. Like I just called and all I was told was infection, ok so where but they just say she's got an infection. They say she needs an ult...