[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
OK thanks Pet. My guess and intuition is that they don’t have one as I don’t think they would have held back in telling me if they do. However, yes I can see that it is important to know for sure so yes I need to hold on for now until I find out. Thank you!
Thanks Melly and Pet for the questions about the DOLS. I don’t think one is in place because I was listed as representative on the application but haven’t heard anything. That was at the beginning of July but my solicitor is finding out about that. However. I don’t think it is in place. How does it ...
Well the saga is ongoing. Not happy with care in Kent. Have found one nice home but not sure what the budget is. Just thinking of bringing her home with me and then starting afresh. Are there any rules or laws that say I can’t? Have found a solicitor who is currently discovering status of DOLS and l...
Hi,

Just wondering if I can just remove my mum from her nursing home? She had started walking and the care home seem to be wanting to limit this. Other issues I am not happy with and she wants to leave. So dignity and standards of care. Just wondering what the options are?
OK thanks for the clarification Pet66. It will actually be the social work assessor who will be doing the capacity assessment, together with the CPN. He did say that he could only complete the form if he finds that my mum lacks capacity but actually the COP3 form asks for an assessment, whatever it ...
Hello, Does anybody have experience of a court of protection application process? I have downloaded and completed all of the forms except the witness statement which I still have to do (COP24). However I have hit a stumbling block with the capacity report as the LA social work assessor is saying he ...
Hi Bowlingbun, My sense is that they didn’t. I can’t understand why they thought it was OK to exclude me from every decision other than it was for their convenience or for financial reasons in terms of funding. I had a very brief email from the LA assessor which recognised that mum would benefit fro...
Thanks Pet66 I hadn’t heard of the office of guardianship so will check that out. Yes, the problem with my mum is that she can’t make complex decisions, so she can say yes or no to something but may give a different answer depending on what is offered. So during my two-day trip she first said she wa...
No she hasn’t got capacity. I was there yesterday and today and can’t sign forms anyway. Will go down the court of protection route. Thanks for the idea though
Thanks Melly and yes I do agree about the benefits of it. I have decided to do it and will get the prep started for this tomorrow. It feels empowering just knowing that I am doing something for her and that I can be enabled to support her.