[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Yes, even before she arrived there I read those. It is ‘requires improvement’ in responsiveness and leadership. I have had ongoing concerns since mum arrived there but they are making improvements but not enough for me.

Liz
Thanks Melly I will look into this :)
Thanks BowlingBun. Is this generally accepted? If so, how do I get a carer's assessment and by whom given that mum is in Kent and I am in Manchester?

Liz
Would I be eligible for such an assessment. It is a big question I know but what constitutes a carer? I visit mum fortnightly, I manage her finances, I spend a lot of time liaising with the local authority and the nursing home but I am not a full-time carer and she doesn't live with me. On the other...
Hi does anybody know if there is any help available for the travel and accommodation expenses I need to pay to visit my elderly mother who is in a nursing home in Kent while I am in Manchester. I am trying to get my mum moved to Manchester but in the meantime really need help with the trips I make f...
Yes, quite bowling bun, It really is an unsustainable cost. While I am looking after some of mum's money I haven't had any guidance about whether I can use any of it for my travel costs so I don't. Hopefully I can get some information about help available on here or I may send the helpline another e...
While I am trying to get mum moved from Kent to Manchester I am visiting her fortnightly and the costs are considerable. Does anyone know if there is any help with travel expenses that I can access?

Thanks

Liz
Thanks Bowlingbun that is very useful to know about the financial assessments and charges only being payable after that. Of course they might have done some of these assessments and just not told me. Being excluded from meetings and assessments has been a pattern too, but they can't do that so much ...
Hi Melly, I do not know anything about the funding of the home. I have asked several times and my questions have not been answered. I don't know how much the home charges the LA for their funded residents nor about discounts, It is only a small home, though, with 24 residents capacity. I have only v...
Hi BowlingBun, Mum has had a recent re-assessment by the independent DOLS assessor in November so there is still some incapacity about knowing what has happened to her. However, she is more able (in my view) tho think and talk about where she wants to live. In the past she would just get very stress...