[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
I think my earlier comment about no one has any right to tell someone else what to do was misunderstood. On the verge of a breakdown, I had counselling, and the counsellor was horrified that I was doing so much for others that I never ever did anything for me. It was OK when I was fit and had the b...
Both my parents have had low sodium after being on antidepressants. My father is now in a care home and things are taken care of - he's no longer on the antidepressants. My mother has dementia but still relatively independent. She was getting cramps so severe we thought it might be a blood clot, sev...
Hello Faz. It doesn't seem right that you should have to make so many sacrifices. The trouble is that by being such a caring, loving daughter you are ignoring your own needs. And what about your husband? It isn't very nice for him either, he must feel a bit neglected while you're putting your mum f...
Hi Faz, Welcome to the forum! That's a lot of sacrifices you've had to make over the years. Its great you have reached out on the Carer's UK forum. You're not alone, we are sure that many on here will understand exactly how you feel and offer support. Carers UK may be able to help give you some gui...
Hi Faz, Im really sorry to hear about the troubles youre going through as a carer for your mum. I just wanted to let you know that, if you do find that sharing your own experiences and hearing the experiences of similarly situated individuals does makes you feel better, Carers UK are running online...
You don't have to have a formal diagnosis to get Attendance Allowance! Get that application in asap. If dad has such severe needs he is in a home, then help may be available. At very least he should be getting AA. Has he ever had a formal financial assessment from SSD? You say the money is almost g...
To be brutally honest, the only way you will ever get your life back is when mum dies or moves into a home. You do NOT have to sacrifice your whole life for her. She's been a useless mum, should have encouraged you to fly the nest and follow your dreams. I know it's not her fault, but we all have a...
Carers UK may be able to help give you some guidance or information in relation to: Benefits and financial support Carers' assessments and how to get support in your caring role Services available to carers and the people you care for How to complain effectively and challenge decisions Thanks for p...
Thank you all for your support. I've been reading so much on here and there are so many burnt out, aching hearts. As I said before, I think it makes me feel worse to know there are so many of us because nobody should have to suffer like this. Not the cared for and not the carers. But life ain't like...
Hello all. So many familiar experiences here. I don't know if that makes me feel better - because you understand - or worse - because I wouldn't wish this on any of you. I notice many first posts are long gasps of frustration and torture. Here's mine. I've been dealing with Mum's mental health issue...