[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Mum has dementia. GP/social services say she's fine, despite delusions, wandering, inability to observe cars/burning pans/off food etc. They did agree to respite while I had an op (mostly because I said I would pay, I think, despite not working at the time due to caring). Now Mum's in a lovely care ...
Do you think your Mum would agree to a couple of weeks of respite care in a care home? That would give you a break and allow you to breathe. I know a lady who had been caring for her sister who has dementia and the carer had to have a hip replacement. So, her sister had to go into a care home for r...
I don't have any experience or knowledge to help you, I just want to wish you well, hoping you get sorted with SS. Put the past experiences behind you and start afresh with your gathered evidence and speak with her GP for a referral. You are looking out for your mum and doing your best for her, it ...
Jolanta_1901 wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:18 pm
It looks like you have been having a very hard and long time caring for your parents.
No advice here, just best wishes for you. No wonder you are exhausted and want to share caring responsibilities. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Please don't be hard on yourself.
Thank you x
You tell Social Services that you CANNOT be forced to care, that they MUST arrange all the care mum needs. How old is mum? You need evidence of how bad things are behind closed doors, especially the aggression. Some people don't like the idea of secretly recording on their phones, but the objective...
We are lucky to have a bit of help to care for Mum and her mid-stage dementia now. This is good and I am ever so thankful to have help. But somehow I thought it would help me more. That I'd be able to think a little or not feel sick and fluttery all the time. I don't wish to be ungrateful. Thing is,...
My lovely mum in law developed dementia, it's the relentlessness of it that really got my father in law down. [...] There is no shame in saying "Enough is enough". In fact you might get more help from Social Services if you said that she must go into residential unless she had more help at home. Yo...
bowlingbun wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:47 am
They have a "duty of care" to vulnerable adults, especially if they lack capacity!
So tired so tired... must ... find... energy for these things
because you are absolutely right.

I will follow advice. Thank you.
They refused my carers' assessment point blank as Mum hasn't been assessed. They broke the law by saying that. You have a right to a Carers Assessment independently of what happens with your Mum. Now, onto the consent issue: if she can't give consent, then she needs an assessment because her situat...
What are you currently seeking from an assessment? You need to compile a list. And yes you should be part of that plan as having a carer assessment. [...] I belong to a carers group who complete the assessments and send them to the LA. Thanks for the tips. I really appreciate the advice - thank you.