[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Dear Kate_21051 Hi. Ii am so sorry to hear that you have problems with your mil and fil and that both have had their memory clinics and have their health problems. It must be so hard for you in dealing with the stresses they put you and your husband through obviously not intentionally. I hope you w...
Just a few questions to start with. How old are they? Claiming Attendance Allowance each? Claiming Council Tax Exemption? How old are you? Any brothers or sisters? Power of Attorney? Do they own or rent their house? Do they have over £46,000 jointly? That's the cut off for Social Services care. Hi,...
Struggling with my father-in-law My husband and I live with his parents and are their full time carers. Both have had their memory clinic appointments recently but have been showing signs of dementia for about 2years now. My FIL also has Parkinson’s and is about stage 3/4 he is 85 but thinks he is s...
When mum was going into a care home, I worked out the total amount of her savings, the cost of the home, and her total income. Weekly cost of the home less weekly income = amount of savings used every week. Divide total savings by that amount, and then you have the number of weeks they can pay for ...
Ayjay wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:16 pm
bowlingbun wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:09 pm

In residential care, there is usually a FNC, funded nursing care payment, of around £100 a week, it may have gone up now.
I think it's £180.00 now. (It was mentioned to me recently when I was discussing my wife's forthcoming respite care stay).
Thank you for your reply x
Hi there Welcome to our forum Kate. I would suggest you drop our advice line a email explaining your situation (or cut and paste) your forum post into an email and send it to them. The advice-line email address is advice@carersuk.org or you can ring them on our helpline on 0808 808 7777 from Monday...
My "rough guide" is as follows. Once you are 60, the value of the house is ignored. Make sure the parents are claiming every penny they are entitled to. Both are probably entitled to Attendance Allowance. Do they have over £46,000 in savings? Do you have Power of Attorney? There might just be time ...
Hi My husband and I have been caring for my in-laws for over two years now. My Father-in-law has Parkinson’s and has an appointment with the memory clinic soon and my Mother-in-law has become very confused and is struggling with caring for her husband. She too has an upcoming appointment with the me...