[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Under the legislation, assessed needs must be met, so it's now up to Social Services completely. They have to pay, and then sort it out with your brother in due course. I might not have explained that very well. My brother is no part of the funding, as he has Lasting Power of Attorney, as does my M...
My Dad has been in respite care for just over 8 weeks, it is funded by Social Services, that funding ran out on Friday. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since we told Social Services that he would need care permanently, that we just couldn't cope with him at home because Mum has health problems of her ow...
You're spending the money on her, so definitely not a deprivation of her assets. He mental health was suffering from being alone (that is how to word it for official people) and your sister couldn't cope with her in her own house (stress, anxiety, breakdown in the family relationship) so that was no...
I'm having a nightmare trying to find out what my Mum is entitled to if my Dad is in care permanently. No-one seems to be able to give me answers. Both parents are old enough that they qualify for the old style pensions before the rules were changed so that they had to each claim separate state pens...
Dear Marralass When my 94 year old Mum went into a Care home it happened very fast because she had pneumonia and went into hospital, then rehab for many weeks. It was obvious that we had no other option than to persuade to go into a care home which she realised was inevitable. We would have had to ...
It's not really a matter of being "wilful" but not being able to remember because that part of the brain isn't functioning. What was dad in hospital for? Was this happening there? Were you told? Keep a diary of how often this is happening. How much can dad now do for himself, feeding, dressing? tal...
Social Services are well aware of the situation. We also had someone from the rehab team visit when he came out of hospital a couple of months back. The only advice we get is to call an ambulance if he falls, when we tell them he tries to get up himself, they don't seem to have a response. It is lik...
Yes, a voice coming from no-where would just confuse him. If he isn't going to listen to family telling him what to do or what not to do in various ways with physical cues and physical encouragement, then an alarm thing won't help. Although I'd not seen them before, I'm sure they'll be useful for so...
The problem is that he will try to get up himself and can put himself at more risk. The last fall he had he decided to shuffle to the top of the stairs, possible because he thought he could use the upright from the banister to pull himself up or because he thought having his feet down one step would...
My Dad has advanced dementia and is generally unsteady on his feet. He can only use a zimmer when supervised as there are steps to the toilet and he has tried to use it down the steps before. Also, he often goes in the night, or wanders elsewhere and won't use a zimmer unless it is put in front of h...