[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Celia glad your son got his routine back, lifting lockdown is a godsend isn't it.
Best wishes to you.
Thanks Sunny D I Know what you are saying, I think it's one of those things we know but isn't easy. My mother had MH issues and my dad loved her and tried his best but sometimes when you're worn down I guess you lose yourself and can't keep strong to set boundaries etc. I have an older son who hasn'...
I feel for you and your brother.I think carers feel guilty, somehow to blame and ashamed, feel weak etc. I think it must be so hard for men, my dad years ago was bullied really by my mum. It's the emotions isn't it, family or partners, they're supposed to love you and appreciate you and when they do...
Hi Sally Thanks so much. I contacted iapt last August but I had nowhere to be private on phone, I said I'd walk round the park and talk! But they wouldn't do it. I will ring today. I should be able to see them I bet now. Thanks. Ok I'll ring about carers assessment too. I talked to him a bit yesterd...
I feel like I need to empathise with you Katherine. I came on here about my concern for my son but your situation is close to my heart. My mother has always had a mental health condition and growing up was difficult. I'm middle aged now and my mum moved to be near my sister 20 years ago. My sister f...
Just wanted to say, yes it does feel like I'm enabling him. Which is the most terrible feeling in the world, that I'm letting it happen. I really can't make him leave and never would and I've tried every other approach, if I say it's affecting me he'll be annoyed but then upset and sorry. I've read ...
Hi all, thanks so much for your replies, I really appreciate them. SunnyD yes we've been through all that, the talking but he has a hard time with it as he believes in his own world and nothing else matters. When he feels a bit better he feels guilty. As he won't get help yet I haven't got a diagnos...
Thank you for your reply. Yes I've contacted Mind and MHM. There isn't a carers group I can go to near me I think it's due to covid. I'm feeling resentful sometimes, he won't sign on so money is a worry too and I'm anxious to work full time as my confidence isn't good. I feel manipulated but so scar...
Hi I'm new on here. Just looking for anyone to chat to about my situation. My 28 year old son has mental health issues and refuses to get help. I'm exhausted and anxious. There's no help unless there's a crisis so it's like waiting for one.
It's over two years and I'm wearing down.