[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
What a nightamare! Your brother sounds like he was a bit like me. I've never had to handle things like this before. Luckily, my Dad was quite organised with his paperwork, he's just kept too much of it! My Dad is 92, born 1930 in Leeds, now living in Sutton Coldfield. Considering how he's lived his ...
Thanks for the kind offer, it's much appreciated. I really should have come to this forum or one like it a long time back. I've just been talking with my Dad how completely unprepared we are. We've just been going through the motions the last few years and should have seen this moment coming.
One thing I discovered by chance was that as mum had a joint account with me (she kept losing her Halifax book - I discovered one under the lino at the bottom of her wardrobe!) then only half the money counted as mum's. It was all her Disability Living Allowance money but as I was allowed to spend ...
It's difficult to know how long it will be before the assessment, I've been trying to get him to convert the bathroom or at least get it refitted for years. It hasn't been touched since the early '80s and it's dangerous for anyone in his condition. If we get someone in, they probably won't get it do...
Thanks, that's good to know. Yes, power of attorney is set up as far as I know. I've got the documents with his will. I've been thinking a lot about power of attorney. When my Dad was in hospital a couple of weeks ago, one of the nurses warned me that he had asked her to help him log into his bankin...
2 minutes after writing this, my dads social worker rang, she said he could, for example, have his bathroom converted to a wet room, (something I've been trying to get him to do for years), and show the invoice with no problem.
My dad is about to have his financial assessment for his care package. He is slightly over the £23,000 limit. If he went on a spending spree to get himself under the limit, is he breaking the rules?
TIA, Drew.
Drew If it is a long time since you mentioned moving to your father, it could be worth asking again. If it has been recent be honest to him and say you can't carry on with it. Take the approach to him that you are both struggling now, it is an effort for you and before it becomes a struggle and imp...
I was thinking the lure of being near to family and seeing you and grandchildren locally could entice your father to move. The double advantage, family close by and friends at a residential residence. Yes, you would think so but my Dad is quite unusual is some regards. He had little to no input wit...
Thankyou everyone for your comments, it's great just to have somewhere to air things, I've tried to get his grandchildren involved but to be fair, they know about as little as me about the subject. Looking into reablement care, thanks for that. Over the last couple of months I can't help thinking to...