[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Good evening, Just wanted to do a short post for a chat/ rant/ support......anyone else fed up caring this bank holiday weekend? I struggle caring for my elderly Mum at the best of times, we never really got on, and as one of my sisters has covid I've been lumbered for most of the weekend. I feel I ...
Hi, Just wondered if anyone has any quick and practical tips to help I look after my 93 year old Mum , together with my 2 sisters and carers. I do 2 afternoon/evenings a week. I feel so guilty as I hate being there and it's getting worse. She is deaf so conversation is very difficult. Just find it a...
Hi,
Yes, it's nice to know we are not alone.
I never knew how hard it would be until I was in this position xx
Hi Sorry you have had such a difficult time. I see history repeating itself in my family. My mother and sisters looked after her elderly mum, who was very ill and should have been in a home. I saw the consequences of this on many lives, finances etc Even my mother said many years later that it hadn'...
Hi, Yes, she does give me some petrol money. Unfortunatley it's easier said than done to not do my share I'm just exhausted ,mentally and emotionally with the whole thing. In fairness, I have a lot of other stresses going on and it's everything together is all just too much. We have suggested maybe ...
Thanks for your support and advice
We need to do something or I feel I'm heading for a breakdown x
Hi She's 93. She gets an allowance and isn't short of money, just too ''careful'' to run the tumble dryer, which ,makes it even more frustrating. We use a private care agency for 4 sessions a week to give us a bit of a break, but she doesn't like them (nothing wrong with them) and tends to chase the...
Hi, Thanks for sharing your story. I too am struggling with my Mum. My sisters and I , with some part -time carers look after her. She is very frail and can do little for herslef. The deafness is the worst part as there is no converstaion and I have to shout everything 3 times before she hears me , ...