[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks bowlingbun, He is in the process of being assessed for nhs care, they have advised this doesnt mean he will get it. The social worker is seeing him tomorrow to asses if he has capcity. I have to say the anti psychotic medication has help and i believe shecwill say he does. I have started look...
My dad is 91 and has lived with us for 17 years. Since contracting covid in hospital during the first wave his mobility has had a steady decline as has his memory. I have been battling for the last 5 months to get a memory test. Recently he had his 4th uti this year and became delusional. We had bee...
Hi, No dad has lived with me for 17 years. I am 56 but have an autoimmune disease which lsavss me in constant pain. I am lucky in that j have a great rhematologist who referred me to a pain clinic and they are great. The problem now is dads mobility has got so bad that he is unstable and has 2 falls...
Hi all. Can i refuse to care for my dad? The story so far. We have cared for dad for the last 17 years. During the first lockdown he had a chest infection and was taken to hospital by ambulance. He was admitted and treated and then sent home. On returning home he got worse so 10 days later we took h...
Thank You.

He likes playing games on his laptop so he wants to take that. I guess i will take photos of it. Apparently he has a lockable drawer and they will put things in the safe for him.

Since i havent done this before do i need to worry about his valuables?
Hi, In wednesday this coming week dad who is 91 will be going into respite care for 4 nights. This is the first time. He doesnt want to go. We havent had a break since june 2019. I feel really guilty and worried, not sleeping well. He has to go as no other family members are willing to care for him....
Hi Lee 2015, I care for my dad who is nearly 91. He was doing okay but has gone down hill in the last year. I suffer with an auto immune disease and anxiety, i constantly worry i should be doing more. Sometimes however you have given your all and there is nothing more you can do. A carer with social...
Dad was a mechanic but didnt retire until he was 79. He like model trains and has a layout at home but has lost interest in that. Complains about doing nothing but then wont try
My dad is 90 he has copd, mobility issues, heart issues, he is deaf and wears double hearing aids.i think he is depressed and lonely. I have contacted a charity who have arranged a volunteer to come and visit with him for tea and a chat. I have located a day club which he refuses to try. How do i he...
Thank you, I think i will start with an appointment with the gp. Of course this initially will be a phone appointment as my gp surgery are not seeing people still. The i will ring social services. I believe he will need residential respite care now. Thanks again for all the advice will let you all k...