[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi. I’m 30 years old, married this year to my husband who has fibromyalgia. We were together a year before moving in and then lived together for a year before his health issues. I had counselling before his diagnosis and after, and came to a good place of acceptance but lately it’s been hard. I’m ve...
I'm so sorry that you've lost your mum. It sounds like its been really hard for you to adjust from being a carer to not. Can you remember a time before you were caring, what you used to do then with your time? Or maybe what you would have liked to do when you couldn't? I get that people asking about...
Hey LampyLady, I just read your reply and I'm glad you felt heard with this post too. I've been feeling very alone recently being a 30-year-old carer for my husband. If you ever want to talk, feel free to message me. Hi lovely I made an account just to say I read your original post and for the first...
Hi Rachel! I'm so glad that I saw your post tonight. I'm 30 so a little older than you but near enough - and your story feels so similar to mine. I care for my husband who has Fibromyalgia (I always said its more like CFS than Fibro as the exhaustion is something else!) We were only living together ...
You know the age old saying 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink?' Your mums a person with her own opinions and thoughts - you might be 100% right but you can't force her to listen. It sounds like she's the one that will bare the consequences by not listening. Try to remember...
I’d love them but there’s just no room, our kitchen is only very small. We could maybe fit a slimline dishwasher (there’s a skinny space for one) but there’s no room for a dryer at all.
I managed to speak to someone at the jobcentre and she was very rude and said that there main priority right now is to help ppl on universal credit and that I should be thinking about the person I care for as me looking for a job is very selfish. I don't know what to do. I feel like there is not en...
So I’m 23 and I recently lost my dad. My mother is also severely disabled to the point where she refuses to do anything on her own. Before my dad died her was her carer. I’m at university and everyone is expecting me to quit to attend to her full time, but I don’t want to quit. Uni is my life right...
I felt like I needed a little ramble somewhere as I'm struggling with this right now and my partner and I all share mutual friends. I'm kinda frustrated with their lack of exercise and effort into managing their chronic pain, they have hypermobility. I know it's bad for them and I've often had to c...
Hi Faye, welcome to the forum. Carers come in all shapes and sizes, it definitely sounds as if you are one! I think you are in grave danger of falling into the trap of trying to do everything he can't. What does he struggle to do at home? Is it a very easy home to look after, dishwasher, tumble dry...