[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I went for a longish walk today on my own. It gets me put of the house and I feel that at least I’ve accomplished something. Trouble is that it also gives me time to go over all the things that upset me, especially being on my own I have a vivid and recurring memory of Bridget leaving here for the l...
My counsellor has asked that if anyone is in need of counselling then her small unit has places available in the local area (south Devon). Originally Counselling 4 Carers it is now offering counselling for people who are struggling in one way or another. The cost is reasonable. Let me know.
Me again I’ve always called my posts a dementia journey which assumes a start and eventual finish. However I’m reaching a stage where I don’t want progress ( whatever means). It’s as if I don’t want to give up the unhappiness I feel because it’s become my normal for so long ( a comfort blanket?) and...
Ok, I know I said I was feeling better but it’s a momentary blip and I’ve just come home from my daughter’s and I’m on my own and I’m so fed up with it. Like a drug I turn to recent pictures of Bridget in the home so I can feel closer to her ( why do I do this to myself?) but it just turns into more...
I’ll tell you exactly how I feel today: it’s as though Bridget is becoming not a stranger but a person I once knew. I try to look at this dispassionately to make sense of this. I don’t want to lose the intimacy of our 30 plus years of marriage but her dementia and being apart for nearly 18 months is...
Well I tried my best to have a non Bridget day yesterday and kept busy with house jobs. But the reality of Bridget’s dementia condition wanted to creep in all the time. It’s not that I’m not convinced that’s she’s in the best possible place, being cared for constantly. I’m content with that side of ...
Just returned from seeing Bridget. My counsellor said yesterday that had you won the Nobel prize for caring you still would’ve managed to keep Bridget at home for much longer. Could I have spent thousands adapting the home ( possible) , got carers in 24/7 ( possibly). I could have done all theses th...
Oh dear, I’ve just done some sorting out of drawers and found a pile of greeting cards. One was from Bridget to me on my birthday in December, the December before she left for the home the following August 2019. She was really struggling then but still recognised me as Peter her husband. In the card...
I’m getting through each day as best i can like most of us. Some days are ok some not so good. I’ve got up, had breakfast, gone back to bed to read ( it’s warm) and will go out later for a walk with a friend. I’m getting a load of walking in! Some of the overarching emotions that i feel, and i suspe...
I have a problem that, no matter where I look there doesn’t seem to be a straightforward answer. Was I, in some way, to blame for my wife’s dementia. I keep going back to the something that happened while we were on holiday. We were sitting in our room and suddenly Bridget lost her breath and had to...