[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi I have been wondering about this one myself. My husband will not be able to attend a place even one mile away. Our doctors and Chemist is just five mins away. We are waiting until then so I can push him round in a wheelchair. Even if he could get into a taxi , which he can not, a taxi would not w...
Hi Saheen, I can tell you that I am 67 and do not have dementia but my hearing comes and goes. I find it hard to hear if there is some background noise like the kettle or washing machine. Other times it is very clear. I thought I needed mine syringing but they said they were fine. I have had an hear...
Hi Chloe, can I ask who do you reach out to?. Do you have to be his carer alone or could you have someone to be a carer alongside you? Adult social services can help you with this if you do not know where to start. It seems a lot to take on board yourself. I am meaning someone part time that could h...
Hi Peter, what you are going through is living grief. You are grieving for the loss of your wife while she is still alive. So you are going through the same emotions as when someone loses someone close after death. I understand your feelings so very much. It is a living hell for you. You are amongst...
Hi Cynthia, I suffered 41 years of all form of abuse from my first husband. I felt like I could not leave him because he was an ill man and it made me feel guilty. Due to that, my kids went through hell too. I should have been stronger, but it is difficult as you feel as though you have no where to ...
Hi, my husband funded £525 a Month and social services had sorted the rest for him. I have wondered about finding a companion for him to begin with who could just stay and have a chat and a coffee with him. He has had a very interesting past as he was a sea farer and worked on both merchant ships an...
Thank you woodpecker for your reply, that is very reassuring, I am sorry that he developed Vascular dementia in later life. I worked for a lot of years in a care home for people with all different types of dementia. Hard work, I know 24/7. Our longest shift was a 12 hour one. Carers at home have it ...
Thanks Melly 1, I will try to persuade him to re set up the button emergency call. It would put my mind at rest that way.

Hopefully other members with COPD experience will come back to me on that one. Maybe it is not a one fits all situation giving me hope he will remain the same that way. Thank you
HI , yes I have been married before for 41 years to an abusive partner who died in 2012. I had no intention of getting married again until I met my present husband. Chalk and cheese as the saying goes. I knew about the COPD and the parachute jump into trees. The rest I found out about after we were ...
HI I am Pam , I have married a man who collects serious illnesses for a hobby it seems. He had an heart attack years ago and since then he has got severe COPD, Sleep Apnea , Angina, Arthritis in the neck and knees. He has fallen from a parachute into trees in the past and broken teeth, ribs and feet...